Wanted: 1981 495 Piston

Started by Knute, July 16, 2009, 09:08:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Knute

The piston on our 1981 495 race bike is getting pretty loose and I would like to find a new one before Mid-Ohio.  I've exhausted all of my usual channels, so I thought I would see if anyone might have one hiding on a shelf somewhere.  The 1981 was the only year for the piston port engine and we're currently on the std. bore, so a first or second over would be great.  Thanks! Kent
TEAM PENTOVARNA
Kent Knudson
Kevin Brown
Gary & Toni Roach
James & Adam Giddings

G Ellis

Kent did you try seven4racing phone number 828-577-3366 later Gary

tofriedel

Gary is correct, the gentleman's name is Denny Liegerot Jr.  I believe he is located in upper west NC.  From the feedback on the 495 website, they are quality pistons.  He also has pistons for reed valve engines 1982 & up.  

Tony
Tony

Knute

Thanks guys, I had tried Denny and he's apparently all out...same with Andre in Germany :(  At this point I would also be willing to buy a nice complete 250, 420, or 495 engine.  Thank again! Kent
TEAM PENTOVARNA
Kent Knudson
Kevin Brown
Gary & Toni Roach
James & Adam Giddings

john durrill

Kent,
 Try this man. He has several 495's and literally tons of KTM parts.
 He has been very reliable with us on hard to find parts.
Dr.2Stroke
e-mail: [email protected]
Hope this helps ,
 john d.

Big Mac

Try also Flash at //www.sunriseKTM.com  the best connection in the States for new/used parts for the 420/495s
Jon McLean
Lake Grove, OR

sachsmx

I have a spare 420 top end, but needs new oversize piston. I believe the current bore is 85.75mm. It might be easier to find an oversize 420 piston? $50+ shipping.

Dr.2Stroke

i have a 92,59 wiseco piston on stock for the 1981 495. my email is as John Durill mentioned [email protected]