POG news flash

Started by Paul Danik, September 05, 2009, 07:10:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Danik

At the POG meeting held this past Thursday the sponsorship of the AHRMA Cross Country series for 2010 was discussed. After many positive comments were presented on the 2009 series sponsorship, Dane Leimbach made a motion to continue the sponsorship for 2010, Jack Penton seconded the motion and the vote passed unanimously.

A big POG thanks goes out to AHRMA, and the AHRMA Cross Country series coordinator Teddy Landers, for providing and directing the series.

The POG would also like to thank all of the workers and riders who helped to make the series such a success.

Paul

VICTOR MONZ

Hope the California ride goes this year....kinda would look forward to it.

If I can help, let me know what I could do.

Thanks for all your hard work.

Victor

sixdazed

Hi Victor,Great to see you are back healthy and riding.I've got to get to SoCal soon for some racing/visiting(when it cools down just a bit more).Hopefully i'll get to meet you at one of the upcoming MT100 races.Or at least next year's Soboba GP.Have friends in Hemet i haven't seen in ages.Later,
                                                             Ric

ric emmal
Ric Emmal
Pentons Rule!
5 125 steel tankers
10 cmf 100/125
2 Mettco 125
1 Penda
2 jackpiners
2 harescramblers
5 Herc 7 speeds
1 Tyran 125
1 Ktm150xc
1 Honda crf450x
1 Honda sl70
1 Hon cr125 77
1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50
Most in progress..                      so many projects-so little time...

VICTOR MONZ

Hope the California ride goes this year....kinda would look forward to it.

If I can help, let me know what I could do.

Thanks for all your hard work.

Victor

sixdazed

Hi Victor,Great to see you are back healthy and riding.I've got to get to SoCal soon for some racing/visiting(when it cools down just a bit more).Hopefully i'll get to meet you at one of the upcoming MT100 races.Or at least next year's Soboba GP.Have friends in Hemet i haven't seen in ages.Later,
                                                             Ric

ric emmal
Ric Emmal
Pentons Rule!
5 125 steel tankers
10 cmf 100/125
2 Mettco 125
1 Penda
2 jackpiners
2 harescramblers
5 Herc 7 speeds
1 Tyran 125
1 Ktm150xc
1 Honda crf450x
1 Honda sl70
1 Hon cr125 77
1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50
Most in progress..                      so many projects-so little time...

tooclose racing

I think that's great and am very proud of our POG support.  I really enjoyed the NY CC race at Broome and hope to race in a couple of others in 2010.  They run a very good show.  I guess I'll have to talk to Mr. Landers or Doug Lamberth, but it would be really cool if we could find another Northeast or North Atlantic  CC location.  I know that the New York and Mass-based Hare Scramble series are HUGE  - I wonder if one of their lay-outs might be a good "fit" for the CC series?  In addition, our own NE/NA AHRMA series probably has more CC races than any other region (Rocket in PA, Hancock in NY for example).  

I also liked the weekend (one or two day) format and not having these races run on Friday.  Finally - is there an overall sense that rider fields have increased at the CC races?

Paul Danik

TC Racing and Victor,

Thanks for your comments.

I don't have the numbers as to the rider counts this past year, but they are probably down from what I have heard.  Obviously the economy hasn't helped and the weather didn't do anyone any favors at a couple of the events.

Comments such as yours about the new format that Teddy has implemented and the quality of the events have been numerous and will hopefully position the series for constant growth in the future.

I am sure that Teddy and Dave would be grateful for any help and constructive suggestions that you might be able to offer.

I just cosigned the POG check for the sponsorship and it will be in the mail this morning.  Hopefully we as a Group can help to keep the sounds of not only Pentons, but Hodakas, Ossas, Huskys and many more great marques ringing from the woods for a long time to come.

Thanks
Paul