Early CFM 125 Pipe details

Started by JP Morgen, October 08, 2009, 12:38:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JP Morgen

I am restoring an early CFM 125 pipe, the one with one center outlet on the end cap, I have cut off the cylindrical housing that covers the stinger area so I can remake/replace it, and I don't know the details of what is supposed to be inside the housing. All that I have is a 5 or 6 inch stinger, with no perforations, no baffles or other pieces. It seems like there should be something else in there? Any help is appreciated, maybe you can point me towards a photo or drawing that shows the detail.

john durrill

JP ,
 That's all that was in there. At least in the first bikes we got from JP in 72.
 Would you measure the stinger for me please and post it?
john d.

gooddirt

It should have the spark-arrester baffle , I have them in stock. The stingers are 6inch.  LG

JP Morgen

John, I measured the stinger, it is 7/8 inch in diameter, 5 7/8 long, with an approximately 30 degree smooth radius bend at the middle. Thanks for your info, I have a friend bringing by another pipe I can look at as well.

gooddirt

[:0]How did they run the sixdays trails sound test without the baffle?:D

john durrill

JP,
Here is what came in the early CMF 100/125's.
I may have misunderstood what you have and Larry may have picked up on that. He is making sure you have the right parts.

The end cap and baffle look like this. Al has them listed on his web site.

Larry this should give him what he needs to have and thanks for reading the post closer than me chuckle chuckle!!!!
 Work has me hopping so i dont get to check the board very often any more.
john d.