Bobby Manucy Prayers needed

Started by tmc3c, October 06, 2009, 11:06:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tmc3c

My Good friend AKA Swamp Fox was doing a little road racing in the mountains in N.C. and went down totaling his BMW and breaking a collar bone and brusing other things. He needs our prayers for a fast recoverey. I am hard on him to buy a new KTM dirt bike and to stay off the street!

Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

firstturn

Thanks Thomas for the update.  Tell Bobby we have him in our Prayers.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

swamp fox

Thanks Ron,
TC is exagerating a little.;) I wasn't road racing, but riding with the i-BMW group at the DGR (Deals Gap Rally). Just going too fast on the road.[B)] Not sure if I got a little gravel from all the rain they had a couple of days earlier, or one of the many "tar snakes" in north Georgia, but the front end washed out and I did my best to keep it from skating off the road. Had all my gear on and didn't get a scratch except the broken collarbone and a sore shoulder. Totalled the bike.:( I'm looking at another, and it seems TC and the Boss Lady want me off the street. But I keep telling them I can't just stop riding. Been doing it too long. Maybe I can get both.:D
Thanks again for your thoughts, as I've been sending some your way also. Take care of yourself, as I will, and we'll see each other again.

Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
04 BMW K 1200 GT
Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
04 BMW K 1200 GT - KIA in N. Ga. - 32987 smiles
08 BMW K 1200 S
17 Ktm 300 Six Day (50th Aniversary) ;)

swamp fox

Hey TC, you know I'm just pickin' ya'.;)

Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
04 BMW K 1200 GT
Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
04 BMW K 1200 GT - KIA in N. Ga. - 32987 smiles
08 BMW K 1200 S
17 Ktm 300 Six Day (50th Aniversary) ;)

tomale

thanks thomas for letting us know. looks like he needs lots of prayers
Robert, street bikes are deadly... seen too many guys go down and total their bikes in the process... A guy I knew and his girl friend never came home after a weekend ride.. there was a car in the ditch and a tow truck was pulling it out, they tried to get past the all the stopped cars and caught a cable instead. It took his head off and her's just above the eye brows. she died a few minutes later.
 I use to ride the street and I have had too many close calls...at least if I go down on the dirt I never seem to damage my bike and the bruises soon clear up fairly fast....

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)74'
250 hare scrambler (project bike)
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

tmc3c

Hi Thom, I also had my best friend killed on the street and I also was almost kiled when a lady turned in front of me while I was haulin the mail...I totaled a Chevette and flew 75' and hit the pole that hole the Amaco sign. Broke arm three broke ribs punchered lung split finger that had to have work done to it to keep it. Thanks to my Shoei full face helmet and the lord above I lived and haven't been back to the street. A real good friend of the family and a LONG time rider was just killed in Charleston on his Harley when a dump truck pulled out in front of him. He was the mechanic for Jerry Stokes and has been to Daytona ,Houston Astro dome and other places turning wrenches in the 70"s !

Brother Bobby, I know you are pickin" on me but I am afraid for you on the street! Please think long and hard brother!!

Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

firstturn

Thomas,
  You are a Great Friend to many of us.  Thanks for your input.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

cubfan1968

Thomas and Thom, I agree with you about the street. With all the new 21st century distractions you got to ride like everyones out to get you. Really takes the fun out of it.

Swamp Fox I'm glad your doing good

Rod Whitman
Omaha, Nebraska
1972 Six Day (Rider)
1972 Six Day (Project)
Rod Whitman
Omaha, Nebraska
1972 Six Day (Rider)
1972 Six Day (Project)

tmc3c

Hi Rod, My father and mother ride a Aspencade and my dad says you have to ride like everyone is trying to kill you! He also used to say if you have a $10.00 head buy a $10.00 helmet and the best speedtrick is to push away from the table....The last one never stuck with me causes mamas cooking was to good to push away from. LOL[:p]

Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

tomale

Thomas, sorry about your friend being Killed and I am glad you are still here... I have had my fair share of near misses. It has been my policy to replace my helmet if I take a good spill where I hit my head. If it breaks the skin of the helmet it needs to be replaced. I am not racing right now for reasons of $$$ and I have been thinking about not going back until I can pick up knee braces and a neck brace... ten years ago when I was still riding mountain bikes off road. I had come down this trail and it was off camber, the front wheel slid out and I went down, I hit so hard it took the wind out of me and my head hit a large tree. I was in pain but my head was fine. Yes I replaced the helmet..my buddy said I hit so hard the ground shook. All I knew was i was in enough pain I could not ride my bike and I walked it back to the truck... I think it was soon after that I realized I was too big to enjoy the trails on a pedal bike.

76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)74'
250 hare scrambler (project bike)
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

tmc3c

Thanks Thom, I too am sitting on the sidelines because of $$$ 2 kids in college can do that to you. I know you will be back and I am glad you are ok from the bike crash!

Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler