Can You Name These ISDT Vets?

Started by Admin, November 12, 2009, 04:58:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

How many ISDT veterans can you name, starting in the back row, left to right?

joeysixdays

Back Row: Kevin Brown, Wally Wilson, ?, Ron Bohn, Mike Rosso, ?, Don Cutler
Third Row: ?, ?, John Greenrose, Harold Perepalkin, Helmut "Speedy" Clasen, Gary Richards, Doug Wilford, ?, Dwight Rudder, Steve Hess, ?
Second Row: John Penton
Front Row: ?, Tommy McDermott, Jack Penton, Paul Danik, Carl Cranke, Dane Leimbach, (me)Joe Cartwright, Kevin Hutchinson, Darrell Diamond

I'm guessing on a few, but that's 21 out of 28. Anbody have corrections and/or additions? I'm already looking forward to next year's RR in the hills of Arkansas.

Joe C

"Do not go where the path may lead.  Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson
\\"Do not go where the path may lead.  Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.\\"
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

tofriedel

The gentleman between Mike Rosso and Don Culter is Jake Fisher.

Tony
Tony

Randy Kirkbride

mike scholl

The first two gentlemen standing below Kevin Brown are Jim Fogle(My Uncle) and Vic Ely.

Sincerely,
Mike Scholl

Gary Roach

The gentleman standing between Doug Wilford and Dwight Rudder is Bob Bean. The gentleman standing next to Stevie Hess at the end of the second row is Robert Pearce.

Jeff D

Ed Schmidt is in the back row standing next to Ron Bohn.  You guys got the rest already!

Jeff DeBell
Jeff DeBell

DKWRACER

My God, My Country, My Penton..........I have deep feelings about each.

There has nothing, that will ever compare, to a relationship............
the "embers" burn, deep inside....

all of givin this: to own a Penton, will allways bring some value..

the "campfire"... still there......
Tom Brosius
Thomas Brosius

Paul Danik

A couple of years ago at the ISDTRR, I think it was at Park Hills, we came into a check and there was a very unassuming gentleman standing there helping.  I recognized him and exchanged a bit of small talk, I don't think that very many of the riders knew that the guy who helped them at the check was on the winning Silver Vase Team in 1973, yes it was Ed Schmidt. Ed was teamed with Malcolm Smith, Ron Bohn and Dick Burleson on the winning U.S. Vase A Team. If you have the book "ISDT '73 The Olympics of Motorcycling", check out the picture on page 134 of the winning team.

Tonight there are two Pentons loaded on the back of my pickup ready for first light, a Jackpiner for me and a 125 Six-Day belonging to Conrad Pfeifer.  Jake Fischer has invited us to join with him and his son Jeff and 12 year old Grandson, for what Jake describes as a vintage friendly trail ride.  It isn't often that three generations of one family go trail riding together and I am pleased to be invited to be a part of it. Given the heritage of the 12 year old, I have a feeling that we will all be chasing him for most of the day:)  I understand that Jake was putting together an old Husky for the ride, ought to be interesting.

Paul

Dwight Rudder

Quotequote:Originally posted by Gary Roach

The gentleman standing between Doug Wilford and Dwight Rudder is Bob Bean. The gentleman standing next to Stevie Hess at the end of the second row is Robert Pearce.

That is Fred Cameron standing between Doug and me.

Dwight

Mick Milakovic

Bob Bean.  Did he own a Yamaha shop in Demotte, Indiana back in the 70's?

Mick
Mick

Dwight Rudder

I don't think Bob Bean is in the photo. Yes, I think he did own a Yamaha shop.
Dwight

Bob Bean

Dwight,
Wish I did own a Yamaha shop in the 70's..  But no I didnt.
I had Husqvarna and KTM from 83 up to 1998.  
Then we went to just street bike stuff to pay the bills and stay in business.  We actually started making more money..  Not as much fun though...
Would still be a KTM dealer to this day, if they hadnt jerked me around trying to sell Dukes and SX models...
Nowdays we sell a few hundred scooters and atvs and do a ton of service work on everything from Hondas to Harleys..
My grandson has been working with me that past 3 years and may take over the shop someday.

Bob Bean
1986 ISDE Italy
1987 ISDE Poland
1989 ISDE Germany