Paul Danik in VT

Started by thrownchain, December 05, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thrownchain

Head on over to the Hodaka site and see Paul at Strictly Hodaka. What do ya think Paul, heck of a place huh???

[email protected]

Dan what a surprise it was to a truck with a very clean original Jackpiner in the back parked in the driveway. I was getting the old Dodge Powerwagon ready for last nights snowfall and just slowly heading to the shop when I spotted the Penton first then realized it had to be Paul and Judy Danik. Who else could have found us up here.
Great friends and a great visit we had with them. You meet the nicest people in this old vintage motorcycle scene and all of the Penton folks we have ever met have been A#1 first class !!
Thanks Paul and Judy for stopping by.
Paul

Next time bring a bike to ride and lets check out some of these mountain trails !!

bkinnon

That Jackpiner would have been mine if I hadn't tried to steal it for $1300. I hope it is as nice as it looked..Next time I won't try to save the money.
Downeast Pentons- Central Division

Paul Danik

We had a great trip, picking up the bike was pretty much a bonus compared to everything else.  

It was great to visit with Paul and Patty and see the new home of Strictly Hodaka located on the very historic and picturesque Stannard farm.  Paul's deep devotion and love of the Hodaka motorcycle pales in comparison to his devotion and love of the Stannard farm and the memories that he shared with us of visiting with his Grandfather on the farm as a youth.

When we first parked and started walking towards the shop a loud roar came from behind us, I turned to see a massive snow blade coming towards us pushed along by a very interesting Dodge Powerwagon with chains on all four wheels and a dump bed. The whole rig stopped and out jumped Paul with a wide grin and the look of a man who is just at home driving the Powerwagon on Stannard mountain as he is on his Hodaka. I seem to remember seeing that same kind of look on John Penton many times. Thanks Paul and Patty....:)

I also want to thank Jim Hollerick for allowing us to tour his incredible Museum of Vintage Trailbikes that is located on the Hollerick family farm in Cheshire,Mass.  Jim was away but arranged for us to be able to tour his museum.  Many of you will remember his farm as being the location of the 2003 ISDTRR. These pictures are from the 2003 event.
http://www.pentonusa.org/GalleryServerPro/default.aspx?aid=66

Another interesting stop was at the junction of routes 8 and 9 in Pittsfield, Mass. This is the location of the Pittsfield Travel Lodge which is where we stayed during the 1973 ISDT.  The small wooded area that we stood in front of for our official Team Penton ISDT photo is now home to a muffler shop ! I think the girl in the office was about ready to call the local police on the half crazy guy walking around the place trying to remember who stayed where.....

Thanks to James "skiracer" for the heads up on the Piner.  It is a very early original machine with very little time on it, serial number 7-20354009.  Turns out the owner is a POG member and we had a very nice visit.

Paul

PS

Bill "bkinnon", I owe you one !