POG Family Night meeting

Started by Paul Danik, November 08, 2009, 07:33:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Danik

The Annual POG Family Night meeting will be held on Thursday December 10th.  Please note that this is one week later than usual as the Motorcycle Hall of Fame induction ceremony will be taking place in Las Vegas on the weekend of our usual date and several of our gang will be at the induction ceremony. Hopefully they will realize the date conflict and change their date for next year :)

The Annual POG Family Night is always a wonderful evening of family and fellowship.  Pizza and soft drinks are supplied and many of the folks attending bring some very tasty snacks for everyone to munch on. We always have a brief monthly meeting followed by some varied and interesting entertainment.  

If you look at page 32 in the John Penton book you will see that our Family Night is a continuation of Penton fellowship that was established many years ago.  Please feel free to join with us for this special evening. As the name indicates, any and all members of the family are welcome.  As always, POG membership is not required to join with us.

December 10, 2009  
7 PM
KTM building Amherst, Ohio

Paul

Paul Danik

Just a reminder that the December POG meeting is one week later than usual, Thursday December 10th.  This is the annual POG Family Night meeting and we do have some interesting entertainment lined up, word has it that Al Born will also once again entertain us with his Harmonica.  If you know of someone who usually comes and that person might not see this message please give them a call or email to remind them of the change.

Please feel free to come and enjoy the fellowship of POG, membership in the group is not required to join in the festivities.

Thanks,
Paul

Admin

Paul,
Rumor has it that there may be more than a harmonica playing at the POG Family Night...[8D]

Karen

Paul Danik

Just a reminder that tomorrow night December 10th is the Annual POG Family Night get together.  As usual, we have a very special mystery guest lined up to entertain us.

We also just might have the largest group of musicians yet to entertain us at this annual get together.  It is rumored that a Penton themed Twelve Days of Christmas song will be sung by the yet unsuspecting group during the evening. Our spies have found what they believe is the first chorus of the song for those who may want to practice.  I believe it goes like this..

On the first day of Christmas my true love sent to me,
A Berkshire in enduro trim....

If you enjoy a great time, great folks and delicious food, plan on attending.

Hope to see you there.
Paul

Charles Gresham

I wish I was closer to Amherst than ATL or I would be there !!
1974 Penton 250 Hare Scrambler
1976 Penton GS6 125
1974 Yamaha MX100
1973 Honda CL 100
1978 Suzuki RM 125
1983 Honda XL 185
1993 Yamaha RT 180

thrownchain

As much as I'd like to be there, I'm going to have to wait till the AMA meeting in Feb. May make a weekend out of it and do the swapmeet too.

ALB

My wife and I had a great time at the meeting last night. As in the past, there was plenty of goodies to eat. You should have been there, but then again there would have been less of the goodies for the more than 50 people that were there.

Bill Smith brought the Detroit contingent with him which consisted of Karen and 4 of her friends and not 1, not 2, but 3 dulcimers and 1 guitar. They and Al Born (with his harmonica) provided christmas music for entertainment. And boy were they good!

Bill Penton's daughter, Kirsten, was the guest speaker and she gave a presentation on the history of the Penton Farm Market which she and her husband operate today.

Also in attendance was the Chairman of the AMA Hall of Fame Museum. He talked about the induction ceremony for this year's inductees that was held in Las Vegas last Saturday. It was a successful event that was well attended and exceeded his expectations. I talked to his wife GeGee after the meeting and she was thrilled to be sitting at one of the reserved tables at the event with all of the "big shots".

Paul Buscik was there with his wife and it was worth being there just to see him wearing a tie. I think that he was in trouble again with the law and is trying to be inconspicuous.

Alan Buehner
Alan Buehner

Paul Danik

IF you want to get a taste of what our musical entertainment was like turn up your volume and enjoy.  Our webmaster Karen Turner is the gal second from the left in the back. The video is of the Silver Strings Dulcimer Society of which Karen and her friends are part of. The music that was provided for us at Family Night was absolutely spell blindingly beautiful from the four musicians who played for us, they finished out the evening with Silent Night. The musicians we in period correct costume for our evening, just as they are in the video.  It was a very special evening.

Al Born accompanied the musicians on his harmonica for several of their songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8FhTM0Erqw&feature=related

Thanks to all who helped to make our annual POG Family Night such a wonderful evening.

Paul

TGTech

Paul,

I opened up the YouTube video and then clicked on the more videos of the Silver Stings Dulcimer Society. If you watch both of these videos, you can see all four of the players that was at our Christmas meeting! The guy in the back playing with the guitar, the lady with the red dress (Karen Turner) and the two ladies with the blue dresses, were there.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-EEkdOQSx4&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxMKbhKLbyc&NR=1

Dane

Admin

Paul and Dane,
If you liked those videos, check out this one.  This was taken at the 2008 Old Car Festival at Greenfield Village.  Note the very first bicycle going by is Bill, followed by other Wheelmen friends, and the very last bicycle going by is Bill's grandson, Ryan.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtxqNLQC8jE

Karen

joe novak

If I had known that hammered dulcimers were going to be the main attraction, with Al Born on the harmonica, I just may have brought my Zither. joe

Admin

Joe,
Here's a photo of JP and the Village Strings.  We'd love to have you join us next year with your zither!