Young Ted's Escapades......

Started by DKWRACER, December 09, 2009, 11:13:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DKWRACER

Looks like Young Ted is still "Full of It" Life that is....

Nice writeup in current issue of STK:D

Thanks for sharing!
Tom Brosius
Thomas Brosius

ALB

Hi Tom, I glad that you enjoyed the article that Ted del Solar submitted to me for the POG newsletter. I could only print the photos that Ted sent me. When I was at the ISDT Reunion Ride, Bob Andersohn showed me some photos that he took of this year's Colorado 500. One of the photos showed a trail that consisted of nothing but big rocks. I asked Bob about the rocks in the photo and he told me that that particular section of trail was like that for 3 miles of riding. On hearing that, I have nothing but high regards for Ted and his riding skills.

Tom, since you live in that area of the country, what can you tell us about riding a vintage bike up and through the mountains like Ted did.

Ted - thank you for sharing your story with us.

Alan Buehner
Alan Buehner

cubfan1968

Great article. OLD IS GOOD!!!!!

Rod Whitman
Omaha, Nebraska
1972 Six Day (Rider)
1972 Six Day (Project)
Rod Whitman
Omaha, Nebraska
1972 Six Day (Rider)
1972 Six Day (Project)

Mike Lenz

Yea, I liked that article.  wanted to be there.

DKWRACER

One of the neat things about his article, is the way he introduces a prelude...."Face your Fears, Live Your Dreams"

In retrospect, adding his age and the age of his motorcycle and the altitude of the passes that he rode thru, I come up with a number something like 50110!
 All of this in 5 days. How are the trails in Colorado? are they vintage friendly?
Most of the stuff he rode on, can be done, but it began with a dream.

Thanks for the article.

Tom Brosius
Thomas Brosius

DKWRACER

I am totally pissed-off. Perhaps a moment to discover the vows, and the value of a "Penton"
He took a "Penton" to places I have never been.........
there is music.
behind a Penton, a story..........

the "Penton Campfire"
burns long

"into the night"
Tom.........
Thomas Brosius