my latest vintage 400 racer creation

Started by chicagojerry, December 08, 2009, 08:44:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chicagojerry

here's some pix of my 400 that i just completed. its race ready with the exception that i would change the rear shocks, (i like ohlins)thanks for the help on posting the pix  :D    chi jer

Lew Mayer

Lew Mayer

chicagojerry

hi lew. its a later model penton/ktm wheel. the older full width hubs were prone to breakage. i haven't broken one of these conicals yet and i have at least 5 cracked full width front hubs.
chi jer

Mike Lenz

Tim McKinney

Jerry
If you ever decide to sell it give me a hollar, I'd like to have a 400 to go along with my 74 250.

Great looking bike!
Tim

OLD BIKES RULE!!!
OLD BIKES RULE!!!

chicagojerry

hey tim.its for sale. i have a couple of interested guys already. $2700
i should be building its twin in the near future. i'll let you know if its available.
 good eye mike lenz..  its an mc5 pipe. it works good but it took a little doing to get it mounted up well.
chi jer
p.s. if you guys haven't done it already. please send in your ahrma ballot and hopefully keep me in mind

Dave Mitchell

Hey that 400 is as photogenic as you were in vintage views this month.Seriously gents give Chi-Jer your vote I wish he was in the NW region.Maybe we would get a few more points races in the ACTUAL NW.Thats north of California for those who don't know.See what you can do when your hob knobbin with the board Jerry.
Dave

Tim McKinney

Hey, I'm seriously interested so let me know if the others pass!

OLD BIKES RULE!!!
OLD BIKES RULE!!!

tooclose racing

Quotequote:Originally posted by chicagojerry

hi lew. its a later model penton/ktm wheel. the older full width hubs were prone to breakage. i haven't broken one of these conicals yet and i have at least 5 cracked full width front hubs.
chi jer

That is a great looking bike and that front conical hub is Very Cool - I haven't seen that set-up on an earlier Penton/KTM. Nice job, CJ.

Hope you get every penny you're asking for - AND I hope you are elected as a Trustee (along with Fred Guidi!).

Sincerely,

Bob Close

Charles Gresham

1974 Penton 250 Hare Scrambler
1976 Penton GS6 125
1974 Yamaha MX100
1973 Honda CL 100
1978 Suzuki RM 125
1983 Honda XL 185
1993 Yamaha RT 180

chicagojerry

hey tim mckinney..   i sent you an email from this site but i'm not sure it was sent because there were some issues of late about them.  anyway, drop me a line at my regular email address [email protected]
 or call my cell 440 213 5146
chi jer   :D

Britt Boyette

You mean this bike hasn't sold yet? You must be joking!

Britt Boyette
1976 125 MC5
Britt Boyette

77 Husky WR250
76 RM370
06 KX450f flat tracker/ MX racer
09 Kawasaki Versys

Tim McKinney

I tried but one of the already mentioned first dibbers has finally stepped forward, dang!

OLD BIKES RULE!!!
OLD BIKES RULE!!!