Name This Penton 250 MC5 Racer...

Started by tooclose racing, December 28, 2009, 11:00:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VICTOR MONZ

Yes, that's me at the Amago Track in San Diego, before I had my heart attack...I was a bit more fearless.

The other is Jack Penton...I beleive it was from one of the postcard we would get from time to time in our Still Keeping Track....love the "lineman boots", very cool.

Victor

hankthecrank

Yes that is Jack. This picture, I believe, was shot at dads,JP's on one of the new bikes, a 68 model. Jack was riding up and over the top of the dam at the pond.

Hank Rinehart
Hank Rinehart

Mike Lenz

The pict above to the right is a young Jack penton is it not?  The red bike looks to be a forerunner/factory bike to the mc-5.  It looks to have the front of a "74" type frame with a reworked rear end.  The shocks are quite a bit further forward than a 76/77 mc-5 and it looks to have a modified production swingarm mounted upside down to gain fender clearance I would guess.  Very interesting pict I dont remember seeing. Cool.

rob w

Quotequote:Originally posted by 454MRW

Rob,
Isn't that # 6 Mosiev? That sure looks like his bike, with the early usage of a torque pipe and the ribbed straight leg Ceriani forks. Mike

That is correct MRW.
...also would have accepted, Moisseev - Moissev - Mosseeiv - Moisseef - MO-anything - or......that Russian that won 2 MX World Championships on a KTM, whos' last name was spelled six different ways.

If you ever run across one of those gas tanks (like in the pic) in a salvage yard - let me know, I'm looking for one.

:D
BobW

David Laite

1973 Penton Six Day
1973 Penton Jackpiner
1982 Yamaha XT200
1982 Yamaha XJ650J Maxim
1984 Husqvarna 400WR
1987 Yamaha YZ490
2005 Honda CRF450R