1979 New Old Stock MX Tank 4sale

Started by gooddirt, January 08, 2010, 07:20:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gooddirt

I have found a 250 MC-80 nos gas tank. It will need a inner coating as it has some small and hair line cracks around gas cap area and petcock. There is one other spot but I have forgot where at the moment. Hard to say what the tank is worth. LG

garrettccovington

Dang!!! I'm interested, but I'm afraid my wife would kill me.  I've used every trick in the book to hide my expenses on fixing up my 6-day and my 79 mc80.  This would be a good tank to experiment with on all the fixes I've read about.  E-mail me, maybe I can sweet talk her into it.  [email protected]

G

72 six-day
72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250

joe novak

Sometimes you don't have to hide your purchases from the wife.  I explained to my wife how great the 1974 Penton 35mm Cerianni forks were on one of my original Pentons's in 1974.  After I purchased a set for my project bike, she informed me that she wanted them to be my Christmas present.   I thanked her and Santa.  

garrettccovington

WHAT!!!! Honesty!!! Telling your wife after 30 years of marriage everything!!!  I'm just playing the part of the martyred husband,  my CFO knows whats going on.  The KTM was my christmas present plus my wife and adult daughters/boyfriends bought me a complete MX outfit for Christmas because "you don't match"  actually the KTM's tank is their bigest issue.  "Its ugly"  They love the 6-day, It has style.

G

72 six-day
72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250

garrettccovington

What ever happened to this tank?

G

72 six-day
72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250

garrettccovington

I hate it when poggers do this:)  I don't have a clue what its worth and am a horrible negotiator.  [?]  OK it has cracks, Don't know if it leaks, don't know if it can be repaired.  I'll throw a number out there and we will go from there.  $25. + shipping.

G

72 six-day
72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250

garrettccovington

Hey Good dirt.  I don't need it, my tank is working fine, It just looks horrible.  The rest of the bike is begining to look good.  If it was going to blow up it would have done it this weekend.  By the end of the 4th Moto it actually started to run really good.  So now I want to make the bike look good.  I wanted to use this tank as a test on trying to make it look good.  I've read alot of stuff on this poggers web-site and the 495 KTM web-site that I got to try something.  I just don't want to try it on my ugly good tank.  So if you want to keep it for somebody that actually needs it, I understand.

G

72 six-day
72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250

Bob Seymour

Larry,
Could you email me a pic or two of this tank? Send them to  [email protected]      Thanks,
                                   Bob

garrettccovington

72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250