WANTED: Mint 400 Stock pipe or good repop wanted

Started by ossaracer, January 09, 2010, 06:33:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossaracer

Looking for a good MX pipe for my 1974 1/2 Mint 400.  It currently has a nice ACE pipe,  but I am not totally happy with sound / power characteristics.  Anyone have a good stock or other brand repopo for Mint 400 for MX?

Terry Gates
AHRMA racer/Penton-Ossa lover
[email protected]
Penton 100 Berkshire 72 - nice (on the way!!)
Penton 125 Six Days (3)
Penton 175 Jackpiner
Penton 250 Harescambler (2 1/2)  Love 'em!!
Mint 400 - sweet
Terry Gates
AHRMA racer/Penton-Ossa lover
[email protected]
Penton 100 Berkshire 72 - nice (on the way!!)
Penton 125 Six Days (3)
Penton 175 Jackpiner
Penton 250 Harescambler (2 1/2)  Love \\\'em!!
Mint 400 - sweet

Doug Bridges

Terry
I have one of these that is in good shape. It is solid with just a couple of dings in the header. I am told that it is very rare to find one of these original pipes with the silencer still intact. I think there may be a ding in the end of the silencer but otherwise it is in good shape. My first choise would be to find someone that would trade me a 74 Jackpiner pipe for this, but I would sell it for $200

I can send some more pictures if you are interested.

Doug Bridges
73 Jackpiner
74 Jackpiner/FrankenPenton project
Doug Bridges
73 Jackpiner
74 Rickman Zundapp
78 Suzuki PE175
82 XR200R

chicagojerry

if terry doesn't take that pipe, i'll take it. i may have a good 175 pipe to exchange for it. anyone else have one available? even if its not in that good of shape or the chrome tip style. looking for a repairable 400 pipe.   chi jer

slvrbrdfxr

Hi all,
I've also got a 400 MX pipe that I'd be willing to either sell or trade. I'd be willing to trade it for a 77 MC5 or GS6 pipe. I would prefer a 175 pipe but would consider a 250 pipe as well. I'll have look my 400 pipe over again because I don't remember the exact condition and would have to take a few pictures of it. If you are interested email me using my screen name here @cox.net .
Dave McCullough

chicagojerry

hey dave. maybe we can work something out on a pipe.  we'll stay in touch    chi jer

Mike Lenz

Terry, I would suggest you consider fitting a 76-77 MC-5 400 pipe.  it will make your mint run much better than an oem pipe.

[email protected]

Anyone have a picture of a 77 400 pipe, I have a pipe hanging in my garage but I.m not sure what year it is for. Thanks, Jeff

slvrbrdfxr

Jeff,
I have a 77 400 GS6 pipe and will send you a few pictures of it.
Dave McCullough

slvrbrdfxr

Jeff,
I tried to send a few pictures to the email address you use as your screen name but the message got returned. Is that the correct email address for you ?? If so, maybe the file was too large ?? Let me know.
Dave McCullough

Doug Bridges

Pipe is sold to Ossaracer.

Doug Bridges
73 Jackpiner
74 Jackpiner/FrankenPenton project
Doug Bridges
73 Jackpiner
74 Rickman Zundapp
78 Suzuki PE175
82 XR200R