ISDT RR registration/plate requirements?

Started by OhioTed, July 08, 2013, 08:23:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OhioTed

Anyone have the straight poop on what it's going to take to get a bike into the ISDT RR?  Entry data says "A valid street registration with a valid license plate."  How many people have a registration for their vintage dirt bike?  If they enforce that they're not going to have many entries.  What's the deal?

KJDonovan

Ted,

There are a couple of contacts listed here http://www.pathfindersmc.org/events/pages/isdtrr2013.php that may be able to provide an answer.  I am guessing because its in Mass your ride needs to be plated.  I have no idea if anyone will actually be asking to see registrations though.

Thanks,

Kevin

Kevin J. Donovan
Foster, Rhode Island
72 Jack Piner (My Ride)
72 Six Day (Wifes Ride)
71 Suzuki TS125
72 Montesa Cota 123
Kevin J. Donovan
Foster, Rhode Island
72 Jack Piner
72 Six Day
73 Hare Scrambler
74 Hare Scrambler
74 Mint

Daniel P. McEntee

I just got my entry flyer in the mail over the weekend that states the following: Bike Requirements. Bikes must have working headlight and tail light. A valid street registration with valid license plate attached to the bike. Sound test will be performed at tech inspection. 96db maximum. Sound testing will be performed using the SAE J1287 procedure set by the Society of Automotive Engineers. Rider Requirements: Rider's responsibility to be properly licensed and insured. Entrants must have a current NETRA membership or purchase a guest membership for the event ($25) NO EXCEPTIONS!)
   Hope this helps.
   Dan McEntee

thrownchain

There is a discussion on the Strictly Hodaka website about this same question and how to get around it in some respects. Plus the option of how to get a Vt tag and paperwork if you're so inclined. Paul's going to have an open house on Aug 22 at the Stannard compound in Sandgate Vt. He's planning a BBQ to go with the open house. If you have the time, might be worth a look see. (I'll be there).

[email protected]

Dan thanks for the post. I look forward to seeing you soon here in Sandgate.We are having an Open House and barbeque on Thursday August 22nd. It from 2:00pm till 8:00ish or whenever it ends. It free of charge and open to everyone who would care to make the trek to VT before the reunion ride. All we ask is that you might RSVP to make sure we have enough food. More info on my website..

Here is a post I had made on my discussion group about this years ISDTRR.
"Bob this was going to be posted once I had finished getting information face to face with the Vermont DMV.
At this moment this is how it will work if you come to the ISDTRR
Ronnie's cycle in Bennington VT is aware of the possible influx of old vintage bikes that might be coming in.
In Vermont you do not need a title to register the bike for the street if it is under 350cc's and or if it is over fifteen years old. I have all sorts of Hodaka's registered in VT.

The bike needs to go to Ronnie's ( or any motorcycle inspection shop) to be certified. Bikes do not need turn signals. All they need is to have working lights ( headlight and taillight). They need to have a working brake light. The need to have a left side mirror. They also need to have a horn. A kids bicycle bulb type squeeze horn works. If all these are met they give you a certificate after paying $ 20.00 something $$ that your bike has passed.
You then drive three miles to the Vermont DMV where you need a bill of sale as they are going to charge you sales tax. Once you have paid the tax and the registration ( $ 30.00?) they hand you a registration certificate and a plate.

In most states you can take this current VT registration and transfer to your state if you wish. I know we have done this a couple times for Harry and some others. He had a couple bikes that did not have titles and before VT required inspection I was able to register the bikes on-line and send him the plate and certificate and he went into Oregon DMV and transferred registration to Oregon.
More to follow after my DMV meeting.
Paul "

OhioTed

Thank you for providing this information, Paul.  I sent an e-mail to the Pathfinders and asked them straight out what they plan to do when riders show up who do not have their bikes set up with all the requirements listed, because it's going to happen.

pklinck

Paul and Ted,

Thanks for info sources on the needs in order to enter a bike in the ISDTRR.  If I understand it, any vehicle, motorcycle, car, truck, etc. which can be or is registered, with plates and has insurance are the minimum.  However, inspection is the responsibility of the owner and that is at the risk or choice of the rider if he gets stopped on the road during the endure event...?? Is that right because that is the way it is with any vehicle that is registered and insured if I understand it.

peter klinck
peter klinck

brian kirby

Insurance can only be required if the state the vehicle is registered in requires it.

Brian
Brian

[email protected]

Thanks guys,
In Vermont you do not need proof of insurance at the time of registration. I cannot publicly tell anyone what they should or should not do. I know what I will be doing and if anyone cares to call and speak to me please do I will share what I know. My phone is 724-   ohh sorry I was going to give Paul Danik's cell #
My number is 802-375-0212

Vermont inspection at Ronnie's cycle will not be excluding guys because they do NOT have turnsignals so no need to put them on.
They want working headlight and taillight and the brake light to work.
Also you need a left side mirror and a horn which can be a kids bicycle bulb style horn.
Any questions I have Ronnie's cycles # and contact information in my previous post. They are expecting people to show up and can get you in and out without an appointment in twenty minutes.

I really hope guys make the trek up in the NE it will be a great fun time.
See you in August
Thanks
Paul