MC5 center stand

Started by brian kirby, March 05, 2010, 01:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brian kirby

Anybody know if the '78 MC GS center stand Parmabike has on eBay will also fit the '76-'77 MC5s?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260429850471

Brian

'72 Berkshire
Brian

G Ellis

Brain  Nope neither of these will work. The only way they will work is if you have the swingarm with the mounting tabs on it.If you are lucky enough to find a GS6 swingarm that has the tabs. It was an option on the GS6 parts manual.Hope this will help. Later Gary

David Laite

Jeez Parmabike is getting phone numbers for some of this stuff. I did find the man who is making these parts in a small village in Italy and he does ship to the U.S., however he is adamant about his goods being re-sold on eBay motors.

1973 Penton Six Day
1973 Penton Jackpiner
1982 Yamaha XT200
1982 Yamaha XJ650J Maxim
1984 Husqvarna 400WR
1987 Yamaha YZ490
2005 Honda CRF450R
1973 Penton Six Day
1973 Penton Jackpiner
1982 Yamaha XT200
1982 Yamaha XJ650J Maxim
1984 Husqvarna 400WR
1987 Yamaha YZ490
2005 Honda CRF450R

marsattacks

I really wish it work work more easily than welding tabs but it won't.  As for the PillonDorino stuff, yes it is expensive but extremely well made.   If you have a monopoly there is not a lot of price competition so the alternative is building a bee-hive oven in your back yard and firing up some repops.  Seriously though the quality is such that he must have original castings, if that is possible.  PD was looking for a U.S. distributor some months ago and I'm pretty sure Al B inquired but would have needed to take on excessively large inventory.  First three photos are from our pals at Rugginose on this topic and the last three are my two-wheeled chariot. :) Best, John

Mars Attacks!
68 Planetary/Lunar Lander (very sadly, sold with Gamma death-ray to the Italians)
78 400 MC5 also sadly sold
79 space rock shox bike

tofriedel

I'll share what little I know about Pillon Dorino, the manufacturer in Italy.  He will not ship out of Italy, you have to procure the items and ship them yourself or have an agent to represent you.

Pillon Dorino has made metal fabricated parts for Penton/KTM as an OEM supplier in the early days.  They continue to manufacture many parts for the vintage market including, fenders, pipes, silencers, stands, etc.  You can check out their products at this website -
http://www.pillondorino.com/HomePage.htm.

To my knowledge, all of their products are made to the original manufacturer's specs.  In some cases, parts have been duplicated from OEM parts.  I have supplied them with an OEM silencer for a 1981 KTM 495 MC, which is the same as the 82 model, except the mounting brackets are relocated.

I have been told that Parmabike is related to Pillon Dorino, but this may not be true.  I know he goes to Italy every year and has parts shipped back to the US.  

Tony
Tony