Jackpine Enduro

Started by wfopete, March 03, 2010, 07:22:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wfopete

In the latest POG newsletter I read about POG hosting an event on July 25th at the Jackpine Enduro. If we ride don't we need to purchase a Michigan ORV sticker to be "Legal"? I didn't read anything about that. What else?

Our friends at the Michigan CCC may be able to help clear this up.

Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good
Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good

rob w

Hi Pete,

No ORV stickers are needed for these events. If you ride the Jackpine, you need a AMA card. If you ride the Pine Cone on Saturday, it does'nt require anything besides entry fee.

http://www.lansingmotorcycleclub.org/flyers/2010_jack_pine_national_enduro_flyer.pdf

http://www.lansingmotorcycleclub.org/flyers/pcflyer_10.pdf

Bob

wfopete

Thanks Bob, as an ex-Michigander, I come to respect the DNR in regards to the ORV sticker. Back in the day I had an "Extended Run-In" with the DNR over not having an ORV sticker on my bike.  I won't go into details but the DNR had firearms drawn.[:0]

Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good
Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good

paul

Yep, the DNR had chased me around Silver Lake dunes after getting on the dunes without a ORV sticker. That was when they first started requiring purchase. I had trailered my bike 150 miles and thought I would be legal with flag ect. but I didn't have the sticker. I said "OK, where do I buy one?". "Sec. of State on Monday" was the response so I snuck up there and was chased around all day. Coming off the dunes they were ready for me but moto experience came in handy. My Pa had to pick me and the scoot up a few miles up the road where I had the bike stashed behind some cottages. They are a little over zealouse about those decals and hassle people A LOT. All I have seen is riding places close instead of opening more which is what they said was going to happen. Still, Michigan has some great places to ride and its worth the $ to enjoy. Makes me a little homesick.TTPaul