Memories of fall (1973) Part Dieux.

Started by Dale Fisher, February 27, 2010, 03:22:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dale Fisher

Thanks go out to my brother Dave for saving and now making available his memorabilia and pictures from the 1973 ISDT.  A couple of tickler pictures attached (we really are curious on who the Penton girl is).  Much more to come.  Paul D once I get them digitalized let's meet again on the edge of Ohio.  We may want to post them in a folder on the POG page.

Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

Dale Fisher

Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Mudlark Registry

Dale Fisher

I really need to get back to work but I can't stop![8D]

Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Mudlark Registry

Dale Fisher

No help with the Penton girl identification...[V]

Do you recognize this American ISDT rider?  Hint (he was featured in the best motorcycle movie of all time....

Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Mudlark Registry

VICTOR MONZ

Being on a Husky, its got to be Malcom Smith.

sixdazed

ISDT Team Manager Marcia MacDonald?Just a guess-i've never met her...

ric emmal
Ric Emmal
Pentons Rule!
5 125 steel tankers
10 cmf 100/125
2 Mettco 125
1 Penda
2 jackpiners
2 harescramblers
5 Herc 7 speeds
1 Tyran 125
1 Ktm150xc
1 Honda crf450x
1 Honda sl70
1 Hon cr125 77
1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50
Most in progress..                      so many projects-so little time...

Jeff D

The "Penton gal" is not Marcia MacDonald.  There is a photo of this same gal in the 1973 ISDT Olympics of Motorcycling book, too.  No idea who she is.  I do know that the attractive gal in the red rain slicker (in the book) is Deanna Bower, wife of 73 ISDT Husky rider Ben Bower.  Still wondering who the Penton gal is, tho....

Jeff DeBell
Jeff DeBell

Dale Fisher

Two more pictures to end the week and add Tom Penton to the thread.

Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Mudlark Registry

Jeff D

Don't have my ISDT "bible" with me....isn't that 98 Vase member Jim Hollander?

Jeff DeBell
Jeff DeBell

Paul Danik

The Penton gal is Jeanne Cranke. I got to thinking about Jeanne after doing my initial post and remembered how she made me necklace of beads with my name in it back in 1973, I think she made one for each of the guys on the Penton Team who were traveling in the Cycleliner. I just took a look thru one of my boxes of "goodies" from years gone by and sure enough I still have it. When it is my turn to do  "what is in your garage" at a POG meeting I just might have to wear it. Thanks again Jeanne....:)

The #98 is in fact Jim Hollander.

It is interesting to note to what extreme an ISDT rider will go in having spare "everything" with him, check out the duct tape on Tom's helmet and on the side of his gas tank with the numbers on it, also note the spare duct tape just stuck to his helmet bill.

Speaking of Ben and Deanna Bower, during the qualifiers and ISDT I became very good friends with them, it was great to meet back up with them at the 2003 ISDTRR.

The #34 is obviously Joe Barker.  I always get quite a kick of hearing Gary Roach's story of seeing Joe riding when Gary was a youngster:)

Thanks for the pictures.

Paul

Dale Fisher

Here's a better view which shows extra items carried on board.  How many do you see?

Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Mudlark Registry