"Off brand" info needed

Started by thrownchain, March 12, 2010, 10:01:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thrownchain

I crossed paths with a guy who says he has what looks to be a Tyran...but it has a 400 Husky 4 speed motor in it. Claims to have an article about it, but was a little fuzzy on details. Did this bike ever exist?? What was it called?? and anybody have any literature they could copy and send to me???  Thx

We're currently trying to get our schedules to match so I can go view the bike, I will get pics.

Merlin

The engine is a British version of a Husky, the bike is what was originally named American Eagle.

Quote: Thomas Jefferson, We are all born ignorant, some work to remain that way.
 Quote:Peter Villacaro, "it is impossible to teach those that wish not to be taught".
Quote: Thomas Jefferson, We are all born ignorant, some work to remain that way.
 Quote:Peter Villacaro, \\"it is impossible to teach those that wish not to be taught\\".

firstturn

Merlin is correct about the American Eagle, but it could also be a Sprite.  I believe the engine was a 405cc.  I am not really familiar with the these bikes so maybe a Expert will help us once you get a picture.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Paul Danik

Dan,

There are a few around.  Neat bike.

http://www.vintagehusky.com/images/restorations/resto30.htm

Hope to see you at York.

Paul

thrownchain

Kip Kern

Forest Stahl has a bunch of them and they are for sale!  765-284-7653;)

imported_n/a

I have a dent free tank for a Tyran 250 or 400 if anyone is interested. Cheers Larry