Marizocchi forks what model was the Best ?

Started by bigdanracer, February 10, 2002, 04:53:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigdanracer

I just purchased a set of 78 yr. 38mm Marizocchi forks and am contiplating putting them on my 77 MC-5 that has 35mm Marizocchi,s. Is it worth the time and effort ?
Thanks, Dan.

Posting 02/2002
Corona CA.
Age 48, maintenance mechanic, two 77 Pentons, 250,400 MC-5s. Like snow skiing, golf, riding and racing. Used to own a mountain bike manufacturing buisness, built downhill, cross country and slolam race bikes.
Posting 07/2002
Yucaipa CA.
Age 51, maintenance mechanic, two 77 Pentons, 250,400 MC-5s.

Mike Lenz

Most feel the 78/79 38mm forks didnt work all that well. In fact Hi Point came out with a fix kit for them. You need that or the fluted dampening rods out of the 80/81 models if you want them to work real nice.

Larry Perkins

Dan

What mountainbike company did you have?  I spent a season downhill racing in the Vet class for Mongoose in 94.  We were on those super light AMP bikes that broke alot.  I broke two in half that year including one in my run in The Worlds at Vail.  At least I got my pic in a couple of magazines holding both halves all puzzled.  Between the AMP team and Mongoose there were 6 of those broken at Vail.  Nothing like wailing along at 50mph on two wheels and in a heartbeat trying to get the brain to understand why you are sliding on the ground like a stone skipping across a pond.  By the time the 6th one broke Lopes refused to ride one so they got I think a Balance and put his stuff and Mongoose stickers on it.  

Sorry guys.  I know that's not Penton stuff but I was curious about Dan and you know me, if there is a chance at telling a story I'm in.  Speaking of stories did I ever tell you about...