For Sale - Sachs High Performance Top End

Started by rob w, September 08, 2009, 11:48:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rob w

MODIFIED 125cc SACHS "B" TOP END
DH reed valve - 2 booster ports added - Polished transfers and exhaust - Higher Compression Head - With Piston and rings.

The Piston is apx. 55.38 mm and it has apx .0035 clearance per side. Can still be bored to use a 56mm piston. (which is as big as they come)

BELOW IS A SLIDE SHOW TO THE PACKAGE FOR SALE

http://s52.photobucket.com/albums/g8/BobWardlow/sachs%20engine%20stuff/?action=view¤t=7f43d075.pbw

Price $390 + shipping - OR $340 without the head
Call at 616-550-9268
[email protected]

jeff greenberg

Rob, Fun to look at those pics! Although I never rode a "B" motor with the boost ports I did have something similar done to a '76 125 Elsinore that I raced. It turned the bike into a rocket ship!  Must have been good for an extra 5 hp.

Jeff

rob w

Hi Jeff,
Thanks for your input. Wished I had the opportunity to report that for myself. But I've never had the resources to put a Six-Day together yet. The bigger bore bikes just led my priorities.
Price just reduced.
Rob

Dave Mitchell

Jeff I left for california in early 76 and look what happened an ELSIE?
Ha,Dave

jeff greenberg

My butt was on a Elsie but my heart was with Penton. Sorry bout that Dave. Ha,Ha!
Jeff

VICTOR MONZ

I have a 6B Sachs with boost ports, a 1988-89 Honda CR 125 piston, a Pro-X rod Yamaha RD 400, a few other Japanese parts and an internal motoplat.  I had it in my "White Weapon" for a bit and it really rips !  The motor is on my shelf for now, transmission freshened up with a new JP Morgan selector key, just waiting for the right frame or buyer ?

Victor

I forgot to add it has the "straight cut" gears on the clutch and main.  Note cylinder is cut for a DKW or Steel Tanker.

Come and Get or I can ship it to your doorstep....$1,500, plus shipping.  Bring your cmf frame and I'll install for free !

joe novak

Other than the improved performance which the straight cut gears provide, there is also another factor.  The straight cut gears do not provide side thrust, which is easier on that little circlip at the end of the clutch shaft.   I have seen the end of the shaft stripped clean if the circlip groove.