Pittsburgh CL

Started by Bob Seymour, April 12, 2010, 10:40:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Seymour

A friend of mine from the Delmont,Pa area just recently sold a 74 125 Penton that was a fairly complete bike for a very fair price.  I myself picked up from him over the weekend a pretty complete 77 MC5 250 restoration project that needed a new home. He could'nt recall the buyers name of that 125 and I was wondering if someone in our group scored?  Thanks,
                          Bob

marsattacks

Hey Bob I don't know the answer to your question per se but I bought a 78 MC5-400 in Delmont last year and it came with a 77 250 engine and doodads. Anyway, the seller of the 400 owned the mx shop in Delmont and said a nearby guy had an old Penton in a shed. He asked if it was for sale and it wasn't then and I never saw it. Anyway,  the point of the reply is to say maybe these are interconnected. There was also a 125 for sale in New Alexandria which is somewhat close by to Delmont, but that price was NOT near to fair.
Mars Attacks!
68 Planetary/Lunar Lander (very sadly, sold with Gamma death-ray to the Italians)
78 400 MC5 also sadly sold
79 space rock shox bike

Bob Seymour

You know now that you mention it, I recall seeing pics here on the site of the very 78 400 that my friend (Don, the fellow you mentioned that had the shop in Delmont) called me about when he got it. We tried to come to terms on a deal on that bike,but just could'nt quite come together on it. The Dirty Harry's stencil on the side of the seat is what re-booted my memory.
So I gather you must be out around or not to far from my local area? This 125 was not the one you speak of. It was a complete bike though, the motor would fired off and it came with the small MX style fuel tank. It went for a very nice price. Thought someone from the group might have picked it up. Now if I could just find where that 1974 Maico GP400 went that slipped thru my fingers for the pricely sum of $40.00(Yes,thats right I didn't forget to add a extra zero)at the Washington Township auto parts swap meet a couple years ago then all would be right! The gray matter was'nt on track that day!

marsattacks

B.-- sent you a top-secret msg via pm. :)
Mars Attacks!
68 Planetary/Lunar Lander (very sadly, sold with Gamma death-ray to the Italians)
79 space rock shox bike

454MRW

PM does not work anymore, and from the last post I read, they can't fix it. Mike

Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1974 250 HS Pentons-1980 KTM 175-400'S
Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1976 Penton MC5 400
1977 KTM MC5 125
1978 KTM 78 GS6 250
L78-79 MX6 175-250 KTM\\\'s
1976-78 125-400 RM\\\'s
2007 CR125R Honda
1977 MC250 Maico
2017 KTM Freeride 250R

marsattacks

Thanks Mike -- thought was behind us. Ok Bob the secret msg was that I grew up in Butler Co., now live in Allegh and have a weekend place in Westmoreland! Regards, John:)
Mars Attacks!
79 space rock shox bike