POG message board kudos

Started by Paul Danik, April 02, 2010, 06:37:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Danik

Greetings,

At the POG meeting last night there was some discussion and accompanying comments about the POG message board.  The overall kindness and respect that is shown to each other, as well as the courteous manner in which new members are welcomed to the POG message board family were a few of the items mentioned.

I am pleased to pass along to you folks the fact that this all brought great joy to John Penton and he openly expressed those thoughts.

Paul

garrettccovington

The Message board is the best.  I get a kick out of the before and after pics and Video's.
  Another neat thing is meeting fellow POGer's at the track once a month. On the Left Coast, Its like having a POG west meeting.  They really are a great bunch of guys.

G

72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250
72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250

Doug Bridges

I have participated in a number of other forums pertaining to some of my other hobbys and I have to say  that I have by far enjoyed participating in this forum the most. The level of courtesy and respect and willingness to help each other between the members shows what genuinely good people the community of vintage dirt bikers and especially the Penton family are.

Doug Bridges
73 Jackpiner
74 Jackpiner/FrankenPenton
project
82 XR200R
Doug Bridges
73 Jackpiner
74 Rickman Zundapp
78 Suzuki PE175
82 XR200R

joe novak

Paul,  Thank you for pointing out what we like best about the POG club: all the great people!  Joe

brian kirby

I'm on a lot of different message boards and I have to agree, this one is by far the most positive and helpful.

Brian

'72 Berkshire
Brian

tomale

I agree, I ride more than just my Penton and I am on other chat groups as well... this group and it members sets the standard. It just seems to get better and better... Thankyou to all who have made this so great...

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)74'
250 hare scrambler (project bike)
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

marsattacks

I completely agree.  The mix of incredibly accomplished riders/restorers/mechanically adept, along with some pikers (like me) with less ability -- and the fact that all are willing to share without condescending comments or "flames" etc. makes for an enjoyable place to visit.  One nasty comment is enough to alienate not only the target but keep a dozen others from wanting to be part of the group.  Happily I've never witnessed this here.  Best, John
Mars Attacks!
68 Planetary/Lunar Lander (very sadly, sold with Gamma death-ray to the Italians)
78 400 MC5 also sadly sold
79 space rock shox bike