Off Topic - 1979 Husky 125

Started by fasmith, April 16, 2010, 04:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fasmith

I apologize for the off topic question..
I have a friend who is working to restore a 1979 Husly CR 125 - and I searched the forums... but.. I am betting someone here has a good contact or link for Husky restorations - I have looked via google ..and have gotten some excellent links but what I was after.. was I read somewhere there was a guy who was known for his engine restorations.... Called him Mr. Husky... ? seriously.  Seems he was in Tennessse ..

Thanks

Freddie

slvrbrdfxr

Freddie,
It's possible that you might be asking about Stan Beni from MO who was better known as the "Old Husky Dude". Stan was one of the nicest guys you could ever want to meet and unfortunately passed away a year or so ago from a heart attack suffered during a cross country race. I'll bet Forrest Stahl can answer any Husky engine questions though. Not sure how to contact him but I'll bet someone here on the site does and can get you in touch with him.
Dave McCullough

auto

Go to VMD this year. Husky is the featured motorcycle.You should be able to meet all the Husky people you need to.

Kevin Grimes

Freddie,
 Forest Stahl is the man you want. He is simply the best Husky engine guy around. You can find him at Advance Tool and Die, Yorktown In.
phone 765-284-7653.
              Kevin

fasmith

Thanks for the info - good stuff...  btw looks I need to check my spelling... Husly?  jezz..    

Again ..thanks - I'll give Forest a call and also check out VMD.  

Freddie