Wanted: Seat foam

Started by hanksie, May 17, 2010, 05:49:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hanksie

Am in need of seat foam for a 74.5 Piner,long/tall style.Mine is on the too soft side,want something alittle firmer,but not new KTM hard.  Thanks, Bill

Ron

Bill,
I got the seat foam your looking for from Al Buehner (in the suppliers list).
Very nice fit, but a little stiffer than I expected.
Hopefully it will break-in and soften up a little.
Ron

hanksie

Ron, I tried one from Al.Perfect fit,just too hard for me.For all the more I get to ride I`d never get one broke in.Thanks for the reply,  Bill

Mike Lenz

Take a inch wood drill bit and drill holes in the foam in the bottom 3/4 of the way up. Keep drilling until you get it where you want it.

joe novak

Mike,  What a great idea!   It seems as though the firmer the foam, the better that technique would work.   What would be a ball-park number of holes one might drill?   Thank you,  Joe

garrettccovington

I like the drill idea.
  On 1 of my BMW's I bought a Corbin Gunfighter seat and it was like sitting on a 2 X 8.  I drilled out the rivits peeled back the seat, took a electric carving knife a sliced out a 3/8 piece of foam the width and length of The Gel Pad I bought from my local BMW dealer and slipped it into the cutout.  Pulled the cover back over it and cherry rivited it back in place.  Looks perfect and  Very Comfortable now.

G

72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250
72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250

kenbike

I had a Corbin seat on my ZX 14 and it as hard as a rock, they said it would soften...  Did the same with a lot of 1/2 holes drilled 1 inch apart in the area I sit.  It did help a lot.