$120 Penton on CL

Started by thrownchain, April 06, 2010, 10:49:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thrownchain

Looks to be a Steel tanker parts bike on the Cleveland, OH Craigslist.

Kip Kern

Could be the one from Winchester Indiana, Craigs List last month.  Pretty rough shape that one was

joe novak

Hello,  I viewed this Penton on Cleveland's Craigslist.  Believe it or not, it is in worse condition than the one with the tree growing through the front spokes.  It will be easier for me to describe it.  About a 1970 high-breather frame, swingarm, rear wheel (maybe), locked engine.  That is it.  No other original parts exist.  There are shocks and front forks, but they are from another "unrelated" motorcycle.  From the overall condition of the Penton, it looks like it sat outside for a loooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggg time.  Engine might reflect this condition inside....  Joe

thrownchain

According to the owner, he bought it in the Akron area. Frame number is V- 2343. Not on my wanted list, but maybe someone here can use it..

thrownchain

I went and picked this one up. Frame is not as bad as the pics make it look. Motor hasn't seen any lube in a very long time. The only things on the motor that I've salvaged so far: nice full fin head, and the clutch cover, I've got the cylinder off, but it will need a sleeve. I've also salvaged the rear hub/ sprocket carrier, brake backing plate. Rim is shot, although I did get the spokes, they will need new nipples. Not sure if I can salvage anything else in the motor, crank is solid, tranny looks very rusty, shifter rod is solid in the shaft. clutch parts are junk, shifter mech is also toast. I'll keep working on it.