Throttle cable swap anyone?

Started by sachsmx, June 05, 2010, 08:07:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sachsmx

Well, another ebay seller got me again :( I just discovered that I have an NOS (Terry?) throttle cable for a Bing to straight pull Magura throttle, not the side pull that I need. I had a feeling that was the case before I tried to install the throttle but now know it to be true. Does anyone have a new throttle cable to go from a 40mm Bing to a 314 Magura side pull throttle that they'd like to trade for my Bing to straight pull Magura cable?

garrettccovington

If you have a complete cable, broken pieces or know the length you need I can drive down to Victorville to Terry Cable and have them make 1 up for you.  My 79 250 KTM cable had 1 strand left and needed it for racing that weekend. It took them about 10 mins to make 1 up.  I buy my cables from Al, even though they come from Terry,  Beleive it or not, they are less expensive from Al.

Terry makes custom cables for just about anything needing a cable

G

72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250
72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250

garrettccovington

Call Terry Cable 17376 Eucalyptus St, Hesperia CA 92345, (760) 244-9351.  Tell them what you need and I'm sure they could make 1 up.  If you have a drawing, Pics of the ends you want, the more info you give them the better.  Ty and Terry Davis are racers and I think Ty was a AMA Enduro Champion.  Call me if you have any questions.  

G
(909)-973-2234

72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250
72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250

sachsmx

Thanks. They are currently available from at least a couple of sources and are made by Terrycable, I believe. I am just hoping that someone out there might need the cable I have, which would fit most Pentons, and be willing to trade me the cable I need if they had an extra one.
I would sell the cable I have (NOS Terrycable) for Bing to straight pull Magura throttle for $20 shipped in the USA. It only needs the grommet at the throttle end that covers the top adjuster. Al has these for $2. I believe what had happened is that someone at some time took the cable out of its original packaging, took off the grommet, then put the cable back in the package, which was incorrectly marked for 1980 KTM. The cable is definitely for a Bing to Magura straight pull (trap door) style as it is just about an inch or so too short for the Magura 314 throttle.

Dale Fisher

My last need from Terry was for a new throttle cable for the Berkshire.  I went to the 314 and the Mikuni I have has a curved extension at the top.  Their recommendation was to send in the carb and the throttle and they would build to suit.  I packaged them up, sent them in and about a week later all came back with two new cables that fit :D
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry