I am a new POG member

Started by Keith Meatyard, July 26, 2010, 04:17:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keith Meatyard

Hello everyone.  I wanted to introduce myself after sending in my member application.  My name is Keith Meatyard, and I live in Seminole, AL, close to Pensacola, FL. Thirty years ago, I owned and rode a 73 Jackpiner in my college years, and loved that bike.  Recently, after not riding since then, I started trail riding again and bought a new KTM 200 XCW.  I started looking for another 73 Jackpiner several months ago so I could have some restoration activities and get back the nostalgia.  Thanks to assistance from my friend, Brian Kirby, I have acquired a couple of Jackpiners to get started on.  This board seems to be a fantastic group of folks to help with information and parts chasing.  I'm sure I will request help at times in the future, as well as ask for now if anyone knows where I might find a pair of 72-73 Jackpiner engine to frame braces, an original set of levers/perches, possibly a correct headlight and wiring, and the rubber cylinder fin dampers that go in the four holes through the fins.  Also, what was the finish of the original spokes from the factory?

Look forward to conversing in the future,

Keith Meatyard
Keith Meatyard

thrownchain

Welcome to the group, you've come to the right place. You won't find a more knowledgeable and friendly bunch of people. You need an answer to something, just ask, if it's out there soemone will respond.

garrettccovington

Welcome Keith
Throwchain is correct.  Also Brian K has been a big help too.  Great guy.  I like his video posts.  They are insane.

You want parts?  You'll get parts, You want info? you'll get info.

Do a search for "Post a Pic" or something like that and send some befor pics.  We like to see them.  

Again Welcome to the group.

G

72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250
72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250

Keith Meatyard

Thanks for the welcome.  I know this will be a great bunch of folks to be involved with.  Here's three pics:  The first is a 30year old Polaroid of my original JP from my college days.  The second pic is the 73 which is a good runner now.  The third is an "all there" 72 which I plan to do the detailed resto on.  Some of you may recognize the bikes.  Thanks again

Keith Meatyard
Keith Meatyard

tomale

welcome Keith,,, not much a small bike kind of guy but I know alot of the guys here are and I believe there is not much that they do not know about these great little bikes... Good luck with your projects and make sure to check in, you'll be amazed what you will learn most of which you didn't even know you didn't know...

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)74'
250 hare scrambler (project bike)
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

Ernie Phillips

Keith,  Welcome to the POG.  I grew up on the otherside of Blackwater River in Lillian, AL.  Good luck with your Jackpiner project.  But, don't make it so purty that you don't want to get it dirty.  You already know Brian.  He is a good source for info and the POG is a big help too.  Hope to see ya at the races.  -EP

Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN
Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN

Dave Withrow

Sorry.......but your garage/shop is much too organized for for us POGGERS!  WELCOME!

Keith Meatyard

Not to worry, one will be for ridin, and the other one will be for hidin.

Thanks,

Keith Meatyard
Keith Meatyard