Wassell on Columbus Craigslist

Started by Randy Kirkbride, June 25, 2010, 12:41:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randy Kirkbride

Gordon Brennan

"and is very quiet". I must-uv got the loud one.
Nice bike but doesn't hold a candle to Dennis's.

acemoto

I dont know about not holding a candle to Dennis they are both nice one looks restored one looks very very original
Hey they are only original ONCE
Dennis sure has nice bike especially his MC5
but I like them original
Were the fenders the blue preston petty when they were delivered new ?

Dennis Jones

That is a nice looking original bike. The blue fenders are not stock, it would have come with aluminum ones.

Stock vs restored is always a tough question. The problem with an original Penton/Waseell trials is that the paint they used on the frame did not hold up and they all look bad no matter how low hours the bike may be.

I had a very very original one once with perfect tank,fenders,chain guard,original tires with nipples still on,paper work signed by the Pentons, ect,ect. I always had to fight the urge to repaint the frame so it would be pretty.

Since I am not a collector and get bored with something I don't want to ride for fear of messing it up I passed it on to someone who appreciates that kind of bike.

The only bike I ever really tried to restore to original condition was a steel tanker. It came out real nice but then I didn't want to ride it so it went to a new home also.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

joe novak

Dennis,  Really nicely restored 1970? Penton Six-Days.   You are doing a fine service to all those who end up with your restored or original motorcycles.   Thank you,  Joe

firstturn

And it likes its new Home.[:p]

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

acemoto

Dennis thank for the reply on the fenders. Your bikes are restored really well.
It was nice talking to you.
I for one like them original even if they are a little rough.
But I surely appreciate the fine work of a factory correct restoration takes a lot of time and work and money.
But to me they are original ONCE and only ONCE so I like the patina and the story a nice unrestored bike tells by just sitting there.
Dennis all the bikes I have seen you did are terrific and I agree with those that say your doing a justice to the bike and the new owner of a bike that came from your garage.

Dennis Jones

Thanks Guys, I have a few more to move when I get the dust washed off and take some pics.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones