Restorations

Started by Terence McEnally, June 29, 2010, 12:45:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terence McEnally

Is their a "go-to guy" for Penton/KTM restorations? I am new to POG and have a couple of bikes that need TLC. Don't need museum quality, but a good "10 footer" and excellent reliability for AHRMA. I am in central NC but could ship. Thanks Y'all!
\\"Illegitimi Non Corborundum\\"

3putt

Hi Terrence,
I see your a new member yesterday.  Allow me to be the first to say WELCOME to POG.   There are several here that do engines, suspension components, and a few that will do a turn key job.    If you do NOT have any plans for July 9 to 12 W/E, you should try and visit Pentonville at the Vintage Motorcycle Days, races and swap meet at Mid-Ohio Race Track.  All of those fellows will be in attendance.    Bring your bike and maybe you can send the parts back with them you need work on.  There is a lot to see and do, and I think you will enjoy yourself.  Nelson McCullough  [email protected]

Terence McEnally

Thanks, Nelson. I hope to be there and shake lots of hands.
\\"Illegitimi Non Corborundum\\"

chicagojerry

hi terrence. welcome to the most informative,congenial discussion board in all of vintage cycling. there are some guys on this site that really DO museum quality restorations. and believe me, they are outstanding. depending on what you would like to have done, there are a number of guys here that can help you and i will throw my name in that lot as well. if you have a project and even if you just want some insight, feel free to drop me a line at [email protected]
since i compete quite a bit in the ahrma races, i get to see a lot of the machines that i have had a hand in rebuilding. again, welcome.
 hopefully i get to see some of you guys at vmd. i'm having to work on that friday and sat but since its only an hour away from me, im going to try to make it there in the early evening. :)    
chi jer

checkcrew

hello Terence and welcome to the POG,
this 1st pic is a 74 1/2 Penton Mint 250 that Jerry built, i bought this bike about 2yrs ago from him, very nice work !!

2nd bike is a 74 1/2 Penton Mint 400 that i sent to Jerry as a basket case last year, this is the finished product, cool ride !!

like Jerry said there are several guys in the group that do this work, just an example for you.
hope to meet you at VMD-Pentonville,

regards,
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]