WTB Hi-Point Tank Bag

Started by KJDonovan, July 10, 2010, 03:55:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KJDonovan

Does anyone know if there is anyone making reproductions of the small Hi-Point tank bags?  I have looked basically everywhere and can't seem to find an original one and can't seem to find anyone making reproductions either.

Thanks,

KD

Kevin J. Donovan
Foster, Rhode Island
72 Jack Piner (My Ride)
72 Six Day (Wifes Ride)
Kevin J. Donovan
Foster, Rhode Island
72 Jack Piner
72 Six Day
73 Hare Scrambler
74 Hare Scrambler
74 Mint

DKWRACER

Hi Kevin, I might have one, will ck.

Tom
Thomas Brosius

DKWRACER

Hi Kevin, I have two...one sits on the "Freightliner" price 2300.00

Just found my other one, that has been tucked away, has lottsa Penton Patina....price hard to determine.....can send a few pics if interested........

[email protected]

adios, Tom
Thomas Brosius

JCHubbard

Gentleman, I'm finishing up a Hercules restoration and I've looked worldwide for a tank bag and still haven't found one as well. At this point, I'd settle just for the measurements of one and then I'll take it took a local leather works shop and have it made. On the other hand, if anyone has another for sale I'm interested too. Of course, Kevin gets first dibs...

Thanks in advance.

John
JC Hubbard

KJDonovan

Tom,

Well I'll have to pass on the one attached to the Freightliner, but I am interested in the other.  Send me an email with a photo and just let me know what you want for it.  My email is [email protected].  

Thanks,

KD

Kevin J. Donovan
Foster, Rhode Island
72 Jack Piner (My Ride)
72 Six Day (Wifes Ride)
Kevin J. Donovan
Foster, Rhode Island
72 Jack Piner
72 Six Day
73 Hare Scrambler
74 Hare Scrambler
74 Mint

marsattacks

JC send me a msg off line to my screen name plus [email protected] and I'll send you some pics and measurements.

But first, did you try http://www.crossoldy.de/  -- it is in germany but they have a couple.  

Regards, John

Mars Attacks!

Mars Attacks!
68 Planetary/Lunar Lander (very sadly, sold with Gamma death-ray to the Italians)
78 400 MC5 also sadly sold
79 space rock shox bike

JCHubbard

Hey John,I checked with crossoldy, and initially, he told me that he was out of stock and told me to check back in a few months. So, I waited, but when I attempted to send him an email again the link did not work anymore. I'll send you a message offline.

JC Hubbard

JCHubbard

John,

Your email address does not work either...wow, what a coincidence??:D

I sent you a PM.

Thanks.

JC
JC Hubbard

JCHubbard

BTW I just checked the crossoldy site and I am now able to send emails. So I just sent Franz an email inquiring about a tank bag. Fingers crossed!:)
JC Hubbard

marsattacks

JC my email is working fine but I received no email from you. PMs do NOT work on this site any more. Please check your spelling of my address  carefully or post your email if you like and I'll respond. Happy to try to help if needed

Mars Attacks!

Mars Attacks!
68 Planetary/Lunar Lander (very sadly, sold with Gamma death-ray to the Italians)
78 400 MC5 also sadly sold
79 space rock shox bike

G Ellis

I am willing to sell one new bag and one used bag.Email me at [email protected] or call 217 260 0237 Later Gary

JCHubbard

Gary, I'm interested. Sent you an email offline.

Thanks,

John
JC Hubbard

KJDonovan

Tom,

Thanks for the pics of the bag, but that is not the type I am looking for.  The one I am looking for is the smaller one with a loop on the back to slide the tank strap through and it was kind of a half-moon or clam shell shape.  It is small, I remember the only thing I kept in my was a plug, master link, and little baby-food jar of oil to mix with a gallon of gas.  Anyone else remember these, or am I having a senior moment?  I am pretty sure they were also made by Hi-Point.

Thanks,

KD

Kevin J. Donovan
Foster, Rhode Island
72 Jack Piner (My Ride)
72 Six Day (Wifes Ride)
Kevin J. Donovan
Foster, Rhode Island
72 Jack Piner
72 Six Day
73 Hare Scrambler
74 Hare Scrambler
74 Mint

Larry Perkins

The half moon shaped ones were designed to go behind the seat so you may have gotten things mixed up over the years perhaps.  The tank ones were like the ones that went on a rack-rectangular.

Larry P