****SOLD**** FS: 1977 Penton 250 GS6 AHRMA Racer

Started by Dennis Jones, July 02, 2010, 08:30:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis Jones

Here is another well sorted, ready to race Penton I am going to part with. I raced this in AHRMA Historic Open cross country races for a couple years making improvements and adjustments until it was a very competitive bike.

At the ISDT reunion ride at Park Hills a crank seal went out so while the motor was out for repair it also got a full cosmetic makeover.

The frame and swingarm were blasted and professionally painted and clear coated.
New DC Plastics side panels and fenders.
Michelin S12's are at least 90%
Very hard to find mx tank that fits the (turtle back) high breather frame. Original gel coat and decals but could use new decals.
As always all fasteners were replaced with stainless.
Triple trees blasted and polished.
Torque/Snake pipe.
Period Works shocks
A very sweet running GE (my Texas legal advisor told me I may have to pay royalty's if I use Gary Ellis' name)rebuilt motor.

Located in Cape Girardeau, MO

Asking $2900

Have a look.......

[imghttp://i870.photobucket.com/albums/ab270/kanur/IMG_0607.jpg][/img]

Don't miss out on a turn key racer, I'm running out of them.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

Bob Seymour

Dennis,
Nice bike! Just a couple quick questions. I am in the process of restoring a 77 MC5-400 and was curious from what brand or model are those wide footpegs you have on your bike? Did you have to do any modifications to the footpeg itself or the mounts on your frame to accomodate?
                                               Thanks, Bob

joe novak

Really nicely prepared Penton/KTM.  I like the folding shift lever.  I always used them on all my race bikes.   joe

Dennis Jones

Bob, I don't know the brand of the pegs. The stock mounting post had to be shortened then they pretty much bolted on. The are very meaty.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

Tim McKinney

OLD BIKES RULE!!!

Dennis Jones

Sorry for the slow reply Tim.
I think the bike will have a new home tomorrow (Sunday)
Thanks for looking.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones