Question about John Penton movie screenings

Started by Paul Danik, August 15, 2014, 04:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Danik

Greetings,

I am working on bringing a screening of the John Penton movie to the north Pittsburgh area, Cranberry Township to be exact. My question, which is mostly directed to those who have arranged these screenings is,  how many seats do you feel the theater needs to have? The local theater has a max capacity of 215, any thoughts ?

How many seats did Baltimore have, or Elyria, Ohio, I understand that they both sold out.

Thanks,
Paul

Dale Fisher

Best locations are the multi theater complexes (and preferably in network).  Once the location, date, and time are requested you will get a request from Gathr on how many you think will attend and if a higher ticket price would be acceptable to meet your criteria.  Usually an answer or 40 or 50 will get things started.  The larger viewings have started small and Gathr and the venue kept shifting the movie to theaters with larger and larger capacity as sales increased.

Dale Fisher
Penton Owners Group - Memberships
Mudlark Registry
Facebook - Cheney Twinshock Racing Group - Administrator

'70 Six-Day 125 - V2017
'71 Six-Day 125 (Dave Fisher's) - V5553
'72 Mudlark - W257
'73 Jackpiner - 175 21159727
'74 Berkshire 100 - 40171056
And some silly other bikes...
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

Paul Danik

Thanks Dale, but my main question is, is a maximum capacity in their largest theater of 215 a large enough capacity.  What did Baltimore and Elyria have for capacity as they sold out and hopefully this location will as well.

Paul

johnborn

Paul,I think the elyria showing sold 350 tickets.

tofriedel

Given the information I currently have, there were 270 tickets sold in the Baltimore showing.

Tony
Tony

Bob Kent

Just save me a seat, actually two!  For various reasons, we still haven't seen the movie.  Let us know.  Thanks - Bob & Cork

Rick Bennett

Paul
Were you able to get this done? I would see it again and my brother was out of town and couldn't make the Elyria showing.
Rick Bennett

Al Martin

don't forget that the movie captains have a chance at winning a 73 sixday  :D[8D]:D

Paul Danik

Gathr is going to work tomorrow to add the local theater, Cranberry Cinimas, located in Cranberry Township, Pa just west of Mars and north of Pittsburgh to their network. That process hopefully should be just a formality as the theater group that owns the theater has already worked with Gathr at two of their other theater locations.

Today I did finally get to the right person in the theater group management to get all those ducks lined up, hopefully....  So that when Gathr calls they know exactly what we want to do.

We are looking to secure a date towards the end of September on a Saturday afternoon with a pre-movie gathering at the local Quaker Stake and Lube. At this time nothing is official....

Once the plan is official I will post the info and the link for folks to buy their tickets.

Paul