KTM aftermarket lighting kit question

Started by Mark P, July 21, 2010, 04:55:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark P

I'm considering adding a street legal dual purpose lighting kit to my 2009 KTM 300 XCWe. I've looked at Baja Designs and Sicass Racing kits. Any recommendations on quality, installation, brand preferences, etc?  Thanks.

linglewn

I installed a Baja Designs enduro lighting kit on my Honda CRF and was very pleased with the quality and ease of installation.

Nelson Lingle
73 Jackpiner
74 Jackpiner
71 DKW 125
Nelson Lingle
73 Jackpiner
74 Jackpiner
71 DKW 125

Larry Perkins

Mark,

Baja Designs is a very sano setup.  They know their stuff and are definitely the leader for this kind of thing.  When we raced Baja a couple of years ago they did our light and stator and they operated flawlessly.  Well, as flawless as one could in the fog and wicked Trophy Truck dust.  LOL!  I don't know anything about the other guys but I give a thumbs up to Baja Designs.

Larry P

Mark P

firstturn

Mark,
  I used Baja Design and had Northwest Honda in Houston order the parts for my Honda CRF.  I was very please with their product and never had a problem.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Mark P

Thank you Mr. Carbaugh. Hmmm.....is it possible that  I might bring my 300 and the Baja kit over to a particularly well equipped garage for some installation assistance in exchange for breakfast?

firstturn

Mark,
  Sounds good.  I may have to read the instructions as I am down on knowledge on these new bikes [:p].

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Larry Perkins

Down on knowledge-Right.  Watch this guy Mark.  He used to say, "I'm not really that fast" and then he would blow by you on the track.:D  He's not heavy-He's my Brother!  He knows plenty.  If you guys need help I can read directions, I just can't do directions.

Larry P

Mark P

Well, the Baja Designs lighting kit for my 300 arrived several days ago. It looks like it's well thought out with concise instructions. Will call you soon Ron about installation  assistance. Thank you Sir!

firstturn

Mark,
  Sounds good.  Just give me some notice as I am still working on the theft deal that happened in Houston.  What a waste of time.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Rain Man

I love beebing the horn,  especially when your buddies  upside down with the bike on top of him !!
 I cant believe how well the Baha Design stuff holds up.  I broke a wire going to the horn and had to weld up the headligh mounts, but other than that... flawless stuff!!

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons