Great job Steve Markley

Started by Paul Danik, August 15, 2010, 10:46:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Danik

POG member Steve Markley threw his hat in the ring awhile back when the AMA announced that it was looking for some vintage machines to be featured in a story about VMD.  Sure enough in the latest issue of American Motorcyclist on page 41 there is a great picture of Steve, and also one of his beautifully restored Berkshire sitting in front of the POG tent and display.  Steve did a great job in getting the POG and the Penton motorcycle some awesome exposure in not only the picture but also in the text.

I know for a fact that Steve spent a great deal of his time at VMD being at the ready for when the AMA folks needed him and his Berkshire for the photo shoot.  On the other side of the coin I think Steve might have gotten involved in this deal as a way to make himself get his Berkie project finished :)

I am also in awe of Steve for his involvement in the rebirth of a great American motorcycle, Steve's day job is working for the Indian Motorcycle Company   http://www.indianmotorcycle.com/

Restoring Pentons as a hobby while working at the Indian Motorcycle Company, an awesome combination of work and hobby by a really great guy.

Thanks again Steve,
Paul