Bike Photos for Featured Bike of the Month

Started by Doug Wilford, February 27, 2002, 09:18:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Wilford

This is open to all proud Penton owners just send a picture or a link to a picture, of your pride and joy.   With each picture please add a sentence or two of the bikes history.  (like, original owner, belonged to, found at, stuff like that.   We want to catalog all pictures for further use.  So if yours don't make it this month it may be used in the future.   Thanks, I need one for March soon!

Doug Wilford

I have recieved only one picture for bike of the month.  Because of the lack of interest we will be discontinuing that feature on the web site

Chris Brown

I like the bike of the month, but I guess there just aren't enough decent Pentons around. Yeah right! I don't think you gave the owners enough time to get you decent pics.
I sent in pics of a great looking six days that were never posted.
And Barry had tons of great pics but I think his site has been since taken down. Why not post some of them?
The POG site doesn't have enough pictures. And there are great articles written over the years on magazine test rides that could be posted. This is the defacto site for Penton. The other sites prefer brand-X. So we want to see Pentons here.
You say you're in a hurry for one for March, but my 400 sat up there from October for about 6 months.
What gives? Why not wait for some good pics and then post them?
Chris Brown

bigdanracer

Hi Doug. Will be sending some pictures soon almost done with my 77 MC-5 restoration.
Thanks, Dan.

Posting 02/2002
Corona CA.
Age 48, maintenance mechanic, two 77 Pentons, 250,400 MC-5s. Like snow skiing, golf, riding and racing. Used to own a mountain bike manufacturing buisness, built downhill, cross country and slolam race bikes.
Posting 07/2002
Yucaipa CA.
Age 51, maintenance mechanic, two 77 Pentons, 250,400 MC-5s.

Doug Wilford

Thanks for the comments, we can use all the help we can get.  I have to admit our last webperson was not always on the ball.   Now as I am sure you have noticed we have another webmaster and he is chomping at the bit and on my tail to get stuff to him, so he can get it on the site. and Hey the pictures don't have to be of that "Show Bike"  Just send a history or comments on the picture.   Glossy photos send to the POG PO Bos 756 Amheerst, OH 44001 or e-mail them to //[email protected]   Hope to keep the "Bike of the Month" going.
Doug