Rio Bravo MX Track Houston Texas

Started by firstturn, November 08, 2010, 03:10:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firstturn

Full weekend of racing and a reunion for all riders from back then.  Bike show on Sunday along with Texas BBQ.  Always great time.  Here is the Sunday schedule and on Saturday is the Marty Tripes Revenge of the Works 100 Race.

6th Annual
Vintage Bike Show • Swap Meet • Track Events • Bench Racing
Sunday, November 14, 2010 Rio Bravo Motocross Park
Marty Smith School – Friday, Nov. 12th
Marty Tripes Vintage Race – Saturday, Nov. 13th Vintage • Post-Vintage • 100cc Works Revenge
Sunday's Schedule 8:30 a.m. – Track Open-Tag Team Sign-up-$20 per team 10:15 a.m. – Rider's Meeting • Vintage Bike Show Sign-up 10:30 a.m. – Tag Team Event 11:00 a.m. – Check-in • Meet & Greet • Bike Show Voting 12:00 p.m. – Old-Fashioned Texas Bar-B-Q 1:00 p.m. – Tag Team, Bike Show & other Awards 1:30 p.m. – Live & Silent Auctions Close-out 2:00 p.m. – Track Open
Saturday Night camp out – all invited – entertainment Riding Sunday – shut down 11 am – 2 pm for lunch & awards This is a must attend event for faithful followers of Texas Motocross history. Hole Shot Magazine will have "The Berm" for sale. Admission – $10.00 over 12 • $5 extra to ride Price includes lunch & ticket for door prizes
Special Thanks to: Rick Weir, Ameriprise Financial • Cycle Shack North • Wild West Honda • Blue Sky Cycle Supply Dr. Rick & Cindy Hill • Dan Cogdell • Diamond Don Motorsports • Tartan Supply
For additional info: oldschoolmxers.com • 281–687–5398 or 713–818–0006 • Rio Hot Line – 281–721–5948 11610 N. Lake Houston Parkway For school, race and camping info, go to //www.riobravomx.com
Meet & greet special guests: Steve Wise, Kevin Schwantz, Colin Edwards, Ben Spies, Trampas Parker, Kent Howerton

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

pakala

Ron,
I will be flying in Friday to Houston. My broken shoulder is still not ready to race, so I have lent two of my YZ100's for ISDT/E Chip Howell and former nat.motocross rider Trey Jorski. Should be a good ol' Texas time!!
    See you soon!! Paul(socal)
 Marty Tripes 100 works revenge club member Jim Gibson stretches the legs of the Miller Mano/Powroll Honda SL100..
 Everythings Sano at Miller Mano!

firstturn

Paul,
  Thanks for the update on your shoulder.  I am happy you picked Trey...he is a rider and has been going fast forever.  Look forward to seeing you there.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

firstturn

Do to the rain yesterday at Rio, we have moved the MTVD & Old School Reunion to Three Palms in Conroe.
Thanks for Danny & Emil working closely together, this weekends events are going to happen.

"It's On, So Bring It"

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

firstturn

Had some calls so I will add that Three Palms is right off IH45 just South of Conroe.  It is a Great place with 4 Tracks.  They had the Marty Smith MX School today so I hope we can make it a Great Weekend.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

firstturn

Good racing and Trey Jorski the old Pro from 1970;s had a great day and won the Expert and 100 class.  He is only 53 years young.  Tomorrow is Old School MX Day.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

firstturn

Had a excellent turn out on Sunday which was a fun day with tag team racing, bike show and getting to see a lot of the greats from the 1970's.  Had a lot of old Penton Riders and the name that kept coming up was Doug Wilford.  Doug is still remembered for racing locally when he was calling on dealers and when the Big Races came to town.  You might plan on attending next year as it was great seeing everyone talk about the Good Ole Days.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

pakala

Ron,
I got a call from Tripes on Thursday nite that the race track was unrideable and don't bother to come down, they were canceling the race.
 I missed a bunch of good events this year.  My motto for this year is " I will be there next year":-(
              Paul(socal)

firstturn

Paul,
  Marty was right, but then we changed the site and we had no rain...go figure?  Missed seeing you, but Penton got Best of Show so I need you there to give me a rough time.  Keep us posted on your Great Project.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh