Home Page photo

Started by Paul Danik, October 27, 2010, 02:42:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Danik

Thank you Dane Leimbach for supplying us with such a great photo of Preston Petty and John Penton at the 2010 ISDTRR.  I wonder if the bike in the foreground was selected for any particular reason :)

Paul

TGTech

The bike in front of Preston and JP, owner of Clark Gristina.

Dane

Paul Danik

Thanks Dane for that piece of information.

Being a Penton, and that it has a couple of Preston's products on it might have helped to make it such a great choice for the picture.

I remember one time after we rode the Trask Mountain Qualifier we visited Preston's facility.  He was making a product at the time called the Tuff Tub, it was decide to do the ultimate Tuff Tub test with the Cycleliner.  I am pretty sure Dane was at the wheel as the Cycleliner was slowly driven up on the Tuff Tub, to a point........there is a very good reason why a photo of that test was never used by Preston Petty Products.

I also remember seeing an area that had rejects of items that Preston was trying to make out of plastic, the sprockets are what stands out even today, there were some other items in the pile but I don't remember what they were.

Paul

TGTech

Paul,

I have a bunch of Tuff Tubs in my Seed House.

Dane

Paul Danik

Dane,

If you can bring one to the next meeting it would be great, possibly you picked them up while we were there.

I remember when the front fender on my first Steel Tanker broke off at the bracket during a muddy hare scrambles, what a mess. Those fenders of Preston's sure made a difference as I am sure that many of you can also attest to.

Paul

Dwight Rudder

Dane, it was great seeing you at the ISDTR.
See you soon,
Dwight

SouthRider

Thanks to Larry Goode for the beautiful NOS tank that now resides on the bike. You can only imagine the smell of new 38 year old fiberglass when I opened the box.

Now the only thing I still need is a set of clean 35 mm fork tubes.....

It was sheer coincidence for the photo - only us old and/or crippled guys left in the pits during the event.

I had just been introduced to Preston at the Winters campsite & he was gracious enough to sign the bike when John & Dane happened along.

Dane snapped the photo just a few seconds after John & Preston met again & shook hands.

Tommy McDermott & Gunnar Lindstrom were also there at the same time.

Quite a few heavyweights in one spot. what a fantastic weekend!
_____________________________________________________________________________________

\\"We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do almost anything, with nothing.\\"

1972 Penton Berkshire 100
1983 Husqvarna 250 XC
2011 Jayco 31.5 RLDS
2009 Chevy 2500 HD Duramax

firstturn

Good to see such a nice Penton get the attention....nice job.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

SouthRider

I should have asked Preston if he ever considerd making roof shingles............
_____________________________________________________________________________________

\\"We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do almost anything, with nothing.\\"

1972 Penton Berkshire 100
1983 Husqvarna 250 XC
2011 Jayco 31.5 RLDS
2009 Chevy 2500 HD Duramax