152cc iron cylinder machine specs

Started by 3putt, October 29, 2010, 06:30:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3putt

I am hoping to locate the machining specifications needed for the Sachs iron cylinder to build the original 152cc engine.   The modification was done to the iron cylinder engines, and using the Yamaha 60mm piston to bring them up to 152cc.    I have 2 of the correct Yamaha piston kits, as well as the aluminum rod cranks, and high compression heads that are required to build 2 of the top ends.    The aluminum rods are required because they use bushings, rather than pin bearings, and the Yamaha pins were 1mm larger.   It is my understanding 3 items need to be machined as follow, or seek input to accomplish.
1)  The rod bushing needed to be bored to fit the larger pin.    
2)  The cylinder base needed to be cut down so the cylinder would fit the shortened height of the Yamaha piston pin to dome dimension.  
3)  The High Compression cylinder head combustion chamber needed to be opened up to handle the added displacement.
If anyone has successfully done this modification, or has the machining spec dimensions from the day required to accomplish this modification, would you please contact me.

Or if you know someone with this info and does not visit the POG site very often, please pass this request along.    If I am successful in locating the information to complete, I may sell or trade one of them.

I can be reached at  [email protected]  and please place 152cc in subject box,  or 724-745-4231. Thank You !!  W Nelson McCullough

Lew Mayer

I have an old original 152 modified cylinder if it would help. I can measure it. The skirt cracked being so thin.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

3putt

Hi Lew,  Thanks for the response.  I'm going to try and send you mail off the list.   Regards,    nelson