6 fin 175 KTM engine for sale

Started by Doug Bridges, October 24, 2010, 02:57:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Bridges

I have gone back and forth a dozen times as to weather or not I want to finish a project that I started using this 79 175 motor. I am having a weak moment and this week the motor is for sale. If it sells I will liquidate the rest of the bike. I had it for sale once before and had a lot of interest, but I guess my price was too high. I have now realized that I will not be able to recover what I have in to it, so I am offering it for far less to the POG members.
It is a very clean core motor with no corossion of mag cases and all the fins on the bottom of case are intact. Some one sucked something through the intake and it took out the top end. I have a .20 over cylinder with no scratching that needs to be bored to .40 over and a brand new .40 Wisco piston. The head has pitting, but should be usable. The rod bearing is a little loose and I think it should have a rod kit. The main bearings are probably OK. Clutch looks to be in very good condition. Motoplat that came with this motor is included.36 Bing in good condition is included but needs to be jetted for this motor. I have a full set of engine gaskets and seals that go with it.
Todays price is $400 plus shipping for all this. I paid $250 for the piston and gaskets alone. I could probably part it out for more, but would rather see someone get it running. This 79 engine is the same as a 77 I believe and I think they were pretty much the same through 82.
You can contact me at [email protected]x minus the x's I also have the 79 torque pipe and another 73 Jackpiner pipe that is for sale and also another six fin 175 cylinder that is .20 over with some scratches that might clean up at .40 over but may need to go to .060.

Doug Bridges
73 Jackpiner
74 Jackpiner/FrankenPenton
project
82 XR200R
Doug Bridges
73 Jackpiner
74 Rickman Zundapp
78 Suzuki PE175
82 XR200R