Will Stoner swapmeet information

Started by Paul Danik, September 23, 2010, 06:30:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Danik

Our good friend Will Stoner has his swapmeet schedule and revamped locations all in order as his online newsletter below explains. I really like his policy of "Enthusiasts under 16: FREE", hats off to  Will for encouraging family and youth involvement.  Now if he would just give seniors over 55 a discount on the hotdogs :) Will's family involvement statement and newsletter are below.
Paul

"We continue to develop a series of family-friendly motorcycling events that focus on the interests of the serious motorcycle enthusiast. I have always considered the motorcycling community part of my family. Now I have the opportunity to host the family reunions.

Additionally, we want to help pass on our passion for motorcycling to the next generation. With that in mind, all future motorcyclists age sixteen and under will be admitted free to all Classic Swap Meets presented by Will Stoner, when accompanied by an adult."
Will Stoner

Classic Events presented by Will Stoner News Letter

Vol.3, No. 1

Big Changes for 2010-2011!

Welcome to the third edition of the Classic Events News Letter! My goal is to do more than to just keep you updated on the events we will be presenting, but also to inform and entertain you with tidbits, nuggets and kernels of wisdom and foolishness I pick from the world of motorcycling. The swap meets will feature all brands of motorcycles, parts, literature, memorabilia and accessories. Sharing the spotlight at the events will be vintage motorcycle shows. The shows are open to all bikes 1991 or older, with awards in over ten classes up for grabs.

2010-2011 Schedule:

Sunday, November 7, 2010: Community Center East Hall, Medina County Fairgrounds, Medina, Ohio
Sunday, November 14, 2010: Old Main Building, York Expo Center, York, Pennsylvania
Saturday, February 19, 2011: Community Center East Hall, Medina County Fairgrounds, Medina, Ohio
Saturday, March 12: Old Main Building, York Expo Center, York, Pennsylvania
June 10-12, 2011 Second Annual Road America Vintage Motorcycle Classic, Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin

Ohio Shows at Medina County Fairgrounds

We're moving our Ohio shows to the Community Center at the Medina County Fairgrounds in Medina, Ohio. The spacious, clean facility has room for nearly two hundred vendor spaces, but we'll be using less this season. There are acres of paved parking lots for our guests, as well as ample space for you intrepid souls who prefer outdoor vendor spots. Medina is a south western suburb of Cleveland. The fairground is conveniently located just south of town on U.S. 42, four miles west of Interstates 71 and 271.

Back in Old Main!

We will return to "Old Main Building" at the York Expo Center This season. You will soon be able to find vendor layouts for York and Medina on or website, //www.classicswapmeets.com. The York layout is the same as previous events.

2011 Shows on Saturday

Because of schedule conflicts at both York and Medina for our winter 2011 shows, the February 19, 2011 Medina and March 12, 2011 York events will be held on Saturday. We will analyze Saturday dates. Please give us  your opinion.              

No Saturday Set Up

Due to escalating facility costs, we will not be offering Saturday set up at the November Medina and York meets. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Classic Events Web Site being Overhauled

Our web site, //www.classicswapmeets.com is being updated (restored?) even as you read this! The changes will be completed in less than two weeks. The changes will make the site easier to navigate, and we will keep it up to date all the time. There will be a calendar with vintage bike event listings from throughout the country, previews of what vendors will be bringing to upcoming events and much more.

Road America Vintage Motorcycle Classic a Success!

The inaugural Road America Vintage Motorcycle Classic (RAVMC) at Elkhart Lake's Road America in Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin was a big success! With over five thousand spectators, seventy five swap vendors and seven hundred AHRMA vintage racers. The seeds were planted for what is sure to become one of America's premier vintage motorcycling events.

'10-'11 Winter Swap Vendor Application Road America Vendor Applications Attached and online

The RAVMC and '10-11winter swap vendor applications are attached to this news letter and will also be available on the web site.

New Show Hours

Hours for all our winter shows will be as follows:

Vendor setup: 6:00 AM-9:00 AM
Gates open to public at 9:00 AM
Show Hours: 9:00 AM-300 PM

Admission Costs

Adults: $6.00
Early bird admission (before 9:00 AM): $12
Enthusiasts under 16: FREE

Vendor Space

10' X 10' Indoor: $50 includes two admissions

20' X 20' Outdoor: $50 includes two admissions

Bike Corral

1 Bike: $20 includes one admission

2 Bikes: $30 includes one admission

Help us spread the word!

We continue to develop a series of family-friendly motorcycling events that focus on the interests of the serious motorcycle enthusiast.  I have always considered the motorcycling community part of my family. Now I have the opportunity host the family reunions.

Additionally, we want to help pass on our passion for motorcycling to the next generation. With that in mind, all future motorcyclists age sixteen and under will be admitted free to all Classic Swap Meets presented by Will Stoner, when accompanied by an adult.

As always, we need your help to achieve our goal. we ask you to spread the word about the 2010-2011 events. More importantly, dig into your shop, garage or attic and pull out those old parts, bikes, literature or memorabilia, send in your paid vendor application and join us in Medina, York and Elkhart Lake. With the economy the way it is, would it hurt to make a few extra bucks?

As always, please notify me by e-mail at [email protected] if, at any time, you wish to be removed from this news letter list.

Will Stoner

Classic Events

7812 Country Lane

Chagrin Falls, OH 44023

Office: 440-591-5099

Cell: 216-849-6875

FAX: 440-591-5099

Web: //www.classicswapmeets.com  

willstoner

Thanks for the kind words Paul. POG is always welcome to a complimentary vendor space at any of our indoor meets. Additionally, POG is entitled to a Club Corral spot at the Road America Vintage Motorcycle Classic, June 10-12, 2011 in Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin.

Finally, if any Poggers want swap vendor info, or would like to be on our electronic mailing list, shoot me an e-mail at [email protected].

Thanks,

Will

willstoner

Just a quick reminder that the first two events of the 2010-2011 season are Sunday, November 7, 2010 at the Medina County Fairgrounds in Tropical Medina, Ohio and Sunday, November 14, 2010 in Old Main Buiding at the York Expo Center in exotic York, PA.

Show Hours
Hours for all our winter shows will be as follows:
•   Vendor setup: 6:00 AM-9:00 AM
•   Gates open to public at 9:00 AM
•   Show Hours: 9:00 AM-3:00 PM

Admission Costs
•   Adults: $6.00
•   Early bird admission (before 9:00 AM): $12
•   Enthusiasts under 16: FREE

Vendor Space
10' X 10' Indoor: $50 includes two admissions
20' X 20' Outdoor: $50 includes two admissions
Bike Corral
1 Bike: $20 includes one admission
2 Bikes: $30 includes one admission

Get $1.00 off spectator admission price when you mention that you are a POG member.

For more information, call Will Stoner at (440) 591-5099, [email protected], or //www.classicswapmeets.com

Thanks,

Will

Paul Danik

Greetings,

Will Stoner has graciously supplied the POG with an area to set up the POG easy up at the Medina, Ohio swapmeet which will take place next Sunday, November 7th.  I have never been to the new location, Al Martin said today that it is a really nice facility, Will Stoner also stated in a phone conversation a couple of hours ago how nice the place is.

It would be great if some of you local Penton enthusiasts would consider bringing out a bike, or 2, or ??? to display along side the easy up. I don't know how much space we can use but us POGGERS are pretty good at doing the display area creep....just keep sliding'er down just a tad:)  We can also use a few folks to alternate shifts at the easy up.  

Will has been an awesome friend to the POG and to many of us personally, hopefully we can help him to get this new swapmeet off to a rousing start. He has gone all out for this one, even doing some TV spots, maybe some of you folks have seen them.

Thanks
Paul

xracer

paul i will be there with a bike or 2 also bringing some stuff to sell and a new member my son in law, just got his first ktm a 1980 gs 175 and he is stoked about vintage later dave when in doubt gas it

Paul Danik

Dave,

Glad to hear you are coming and looking forward to meeting your son in law.  I asked Will if my spots could be in the area of the POG booth and I think Al Buehner's spots will also be near by.  Maybe ask Will if you can get near us and we can all work double duty as vendors and also help with the POG booth.  

It is important to note that we might be given first shot at these spots at Will's future events at this location, it is nice to be close enough to watch each others items when we want to do some "shopping" :)

Paul

xracer

sounds good paul i will call will today later when in doubt gas it