penton gas tank

Started by gary ponce, March 12, 2002, 08:27:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gary ponce

HELLO, I HAVE A 1972 PENTON 175 JACKPINER AND THE GAS TANK HAS BEEN SITTING FOR YEARS AND I AM TRYING TO FLUSH THE TANK, IT SEEMS TO HAVE A THICK, STICKY FILM ON THE INSIDE , DOES ANYONE HAVE A SUGGESTION, THANKS

gary ponce
gary ponce

Mike OReilly

If you chech the "back issues" of this message board, there was a full discussion on the cleaning and re-sealing (including some instructive advice on what NOT to do) of fiberglass tanks.
Mike.

Mike OReilly

In fact, check Page 3, "Penton Fiberglass?".

metalkfab

Definitely follow the advise to CLEAN that tank.I glued together a freshly rebuilt motor by not knowing and removing the gumbo in the tank,I thought I had cleaned and rinsed everything out.Now I get to strip the motor down ,luckily Motor Man Doug Wilford agreed to help !

don howard

Quotequote:Hi Gary. I have used Rustol it worked good on a steel tank. But better check with the manufacturer on the tank you have.        email address //www.sudco.com ck. it out don howard [email protected]
HELLO, I HAVE A 1972 PENTON 175 JACKPINER AND THE GAS TANK HAS BEEN SITTING FOR YEARS AND I AM TRYING TO FLUSH THE TANK, IT SEEMS TO HAVE A THICK, STICKY FILM ON THE INSIDE , DOES ANYONE HAVE A SUGGESTION, THANKS

gary ponce