Airbox Foam

Started by Keith Meatyard, December 23, 2010, 08:09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keith Meatyard

Hey guys.  On my 73 Jackpiner project, I was wondering if anyone out there has found a foam tape similar to what would have been applied to the aluminum protector for the airbox and the airbox itself?  All I have left is the paper tape backing stuck on the parts.  Also, did the tape/foam for the airbox cover stick to the box or the cover?
 Thanks again for eveyone's help on this project.  This group and forum are tremendous.

Merry Christmas to everyone.

Keith Meatyard
Keith Meatyard

joe novak

Hello,  I believe the foam was stuck to the airbox.   The cover lip was bare metal.  I found it more effective to apply thick grease along the edges which seeled out water much better.   Actually, grease was applied to the inside of the airbox to trap any dirt particles which might enter.   joe

slvrbrdfxr

Keith,
I have used 1/4" wide foam weatherstripping tape made by Frost King which is sold to seal household doors and windows. You can find it at places like Lowes or Home Depot or probably any large home improvement or hardware store. It usually comes in a roll of a 10'or so and is easy to use. Hope this helps. Merry Christmas !!
Dave McCullough