New Guy

Started by Darvin Jahnke, October 30, 2012, 09:18:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darvin Jahnke

Hello all. I'm new to the forum,this being my first post. I'm an old retired guy that has been messing with bikes forever and still enjoy them. I've collected a few old bikes although I don't own a Penton yet,but would like to. As well as owning and riding the bikes I like researching the history. I live in northwest Minnesota so our riding days are about over for this year but last year my son and I rode on Christmas Day just to say we did it. Thanks for allowing me to participate in your forum and be prepared for me asking some silly questions that may well be old hat for you guys.

tomale

let me be the first to say welcome, there really is no such thing as a silly question. you might find that the search button in the upper right hand corner can be very useful in researching some of the more well versed topics. More than likely, if you can think it, we have talked about it but if for some reason you find the need to ask anyway, then fire away.  I think you will find some to the most knowledgable people when it comes to dirt bikes right here, so enjoy!

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)
74' 1/2 440 maico
70' 400 maico (project)
72' cr125 Husky (project)
93' RMx 250 suzuki

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

seanguthrie

Ditto to what Thom said.  The guys around here not only know Penton's, but have a deep wealth of motorcycle knowledge in general.  Welcome and once the Penton bug hits just dive in because it's futile to fight it!

74 250 Hare scramble
2 68 Six Day (projects)
74 250 Hare scramble
73 CMF 6day
68 6day V213