Preston Petty Rides again

Started by gooddirt, November 22, 2010, 04:19:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gooddirt

-- The surf is up and here is the 1970-71 DKW that Mr.Petty will ride at the Catalina Island GP next month. 1958 was the last time this event was held. LG

checkcrew

Larry,

that bike came together really nice,
PP will have a blast on it,
Chuck Daly does awsome work !!!

thanks for posting the photo,

regards,

Mike Gallagher, NJ.
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]

gooddirt

I was not sure if I should put his name on the posting , I am sure its ok :). I need to call him and find out if the bike is a 125 175 205cc. [:0]Like he built for the Brooks boys for desert and a rider from my high school from back in the day; M.Adent who rode for HERC/Sachs. He also rode a ISDT not sure for what brand. Going to send Chuck an barrel to play with this winter. LG

Koen Cuypers

Hello, any ideas what front springs are used on here?
I seek it with a length of 410mm.
When using long 410mm trial springs to the front, the result is bad (too stiff).
These are used as the photo above fit well and have a soft suspension.
Thanks, Koen

gooddirt

The shocks front and rear are Currnutt ,the springs are of one rate I have been told in the above Picture. The Below Picture are stock Boge.

Lloyd Boland

That bike reminds me of my first bike, a 69-70 125 Sachs with leading link suspension.  I think the tank was blue.  I purchsed it from a friend's father's shop in Santa Monica, Baldwin motorcycles.  Anyone remember Baldwin Cycles in Santa Monica/West LA area.  I think it was on Pico Blvd. but maybe Santa Monica Blvd.  I haven't heard from Bobby Baldwin since the early and mid 70's when we both lived in Granada Hills.  We would race at Indian Dunes up to 2-3 times a week. (Wednesday nights, Friday nights, Saturdays and or Sundays.)

The good old days!!!!!!