Ralph Pesek's 74.5 Mint for sale

Started by OhioTed, August 20, 2010, 09:32:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OhioTed

Hey, folks.  I'm posting this on behalf of my buddy, Ralph Pesek, who lives in the Youngstown, Ohio area.  Ralph has a 74.5 Mint, which he picked up a few years ago from Chip Smith, the KTM dealer in Canfield, Ohio.  The bike has a nice, tight top end, brand-new Penton Racing ignition system, fresh plastic, professionally-painted watermelon tank, and runs excellent.  Bing was totally rebuilt by the Bing Agency.  Fork tubes are clean - no rust.  Nice seat.  Frame freshly painted.  Pipe and engine, too.  SuperTrapp silencer.  Rims, hubs, ect, all are in excellent condition.  I'm not sure what brand those shocks are.  Maybe Marzocchis?  Bike needs a few odds and ends to finish it up, but that's it.  Basically ready to ride.  $3500.  Milk crate optional.  Contact Ralph directly if you have any questions, or want to see the bike.  330-518-3331.  

Big Mac

Something I've never seen. Looks like a '73 motor, right side case is '73 for sure, and left side motor brace that attaches to motor on a stud that faces inward.

Have never seen any 400 earlier than '74 and all have had the upward lug for a bolt-through attachment of the left brace,
Jon McLean
Lake Grove, OR

OhioTed

Hey, Mac - interesting that you spotted the case arrangement.  When Ralph first purchased the bike, we checked the manufacturer's numbers in order to properly ID it.  However, when I communicated the numbers to Bill Smith, he said the came up as a 400 case number on one side, and a 250 case on the other.  I have since repeated this to Penton owners in-the-know, and they said "impossible".  I don't know. ???

I have not seen the bike in person since Ralph reassembled it after paint work.  Not sure why he installed the shifter or cable as he did.

OhioTed

This nice Mint is still for sale.  Give Ralph a call.  He's ready to talk deal.