Jackpiner Replica

Started by Jim Miller, March 31, 2002, 12:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Miller

I'm considering the purchase of a '98 KTM 200 EXC, the limited edition Jackpiner Replica model.  It has "three tanks of gas through it," everything is OE, including all the blue plastic which ws removed at the time of purchase and replaced with some aftermarket orange from Acerbis to preserve the blue items.  I plan to ride rather than worship it.  What is a fair price for this bike?  Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Jim Miller
Berkey, OH  USA

jj

First, I'm almost positive that they were released as 1997's (25th anniversary of the 1st '72 Jackpiner). They were released late in the year as a KTM milestone being the first models with the non-linkage rear shock and hydraulic clutch. They had about a $1,000
premium above the standard model.

There was a new never started one on ebay 8 or 9 months ago that did not sell. It had a $5000 reserve and the auction ran twice with the highest bid making it to around $4,800. I ended up buying a 1998 200 EXC instead, they currently go for between $2,500 to $3500. Hope this helps.

John Slivka
John J Slivka

bkinnon

I bought a used one in 2000. It also came with the original blue plastic, which was removed before being used, and a box full of items that came with the bike. There are t-shirts, golf shirts, brief cases, coffee mugs, lapel pins, and certification documents. I paid $3500 for it, and ride it regularly. I was able to find a used set of blue plastic, which is on it now. It is a pleasure...reliable, light, fast... buy it if you can.
Bill MacKinnon

'97 KTM Jackpiner 200LE
'80 KDX 250
'73 Jackpiner 175 (2)
'72 Jackpiner 175 original owner
Downeast Pentons- Central Division

Gary Brinton

I'm still hunting for a '97 replica if anyone knows of one for sale.
Thanks,
Gary