POG Meeting

Started by Paul Danik, March 27, 2002, 09:06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Danik

The next POG meeting is April 4 at 7 pm. This looks to be a really special meeting, it is being hosted by Karl Schneider at his machine shop.   Karl has some really neat toys to play with at his shop and has promised to have them running for our enjoyment. Karl is into making replacement parts for our Pentons. Directions, ect are listed on the POG homepage.  Hope to see you there!!!!!!!!!

metalkfab

Thank You Paul for the post.But I would like to place a correction.All Custom Fabricators is a custom metal fabricator,we can shear,saw-cut,laser-cut,punch,drill,form,roll,weld and finish metal.We use flat sheet,plate,tubing and structural materials in a variety of carbon steels,stainless steels,nickel alloys and various grades of aluminium.Our skills are along the lines of blacksmithing (modern day).A machine shop (aka.chip makers) uses saws,lathes,milling machines,grinders to manufacture parts.A machine shop works with vary fine tolerances,usually plus/minus .001"or finer,while a fabricator works with plus/minus .010".I guess we kinda heat and beat metal into finished goods.Thanks   P.S. Since they finally wired us for electricity we will have the lights.

metalkfab

A quick note for all those attending the meeting next week.Our laser cutting machine has fried a focusing lens (inexpensive part)and managed to contaminate the beam delivery system (very expensive) and probably will not be in operation.I'm sorry to those members who would've like to see this machine in action.We are making every effort to get this machine up and running,however it requires technicians from the factory to fly in on monday and will take several days to repair. Thanks

Paul Danik

Karl,
  I will bring my metric cresent wrench and my Craftsman screwdriver set with me.  I am sure that we can get that puppy up and running in no time.  I asume that you have a nice selection of hammers so I don't have to lug mine to your shop. I will want to degrease the unit before I work on it.
Paul

metalkfab

Thanks Paul,We'll need the metric crescent wrench, but we have the screwdriver.Please bring a laser pointer just in case we can't get it repaired---we can always pretend it's working and contact Ted Landers and see if he can send some extra batteries 'cause we're running low here in Cleveland !

Paul Danik

Karl,
  All kidding aside, I am really looking forward to seeing your operation and also seeing firsthand those beautiful Pentons that you have restored. Thanks again for hosting the meeting. Hope to see many POGGERS there.
  Paul
Paul