Big Mac Ref Steve Marple's shocks

Started by garrettccovington, February 16, 2011, 03:00:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garrettccovington

Big Mac

I saw in the for sale section the 79/80 ktm 420 and you mentioned about sending off the shocks to steve marples (?).  Anyways I have a 79 250 and it has the stock Bilsteen rear shocks. Does Steve rebuild these? If so How can I contact him or do you know of anybody that can rebuild them?

g

72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250
72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250

Lloyd Boland

Garrett,
I just saw your "Movie" on the ARX facebook site.  Can I have your autograph????  I now know a movie starrrrr!!!!!  and a RACER!!!!!

Who loves ya baby?

Someone has to post it here.

Lloyd

Doug Bridges

Hey Garrett
I saw it too and it looks like a fun track. I could taste the dirt. Were those special effects, or do you actually have flashbacks like that when you race?:D
Is this the track that use to be Arroyo?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiSoBNwNkqo&feature=related

Doug Bridges
73 Jackpiner
74 Rickman Zundapp
78 Suzuki PE175
82 XR200R
Doug Bridges
73 Jackpiner
74 Rickman Zundapp
78 Suzuki PE175
82 XR200R

brian kirby

G, Steve only deals with Ohlins as far as I know.

Doug, Yes, Glen Helen is the same place as the old Arroyo Cycle Park.

Brian
Brian

Big Mac

Steve is a former Ohlin guy and rebuilds only that brand. See //www.vintageohlins.com
Jon McLean
Lake Grove, OR

garrettccovington

1st thanks for the Shock info. Folks.

2nd The Movie Guys are off the hook.  Only in Hollywood.   There's several racer's that film.  1 is Chris Compese. Young man, great rider and person.  You can tell his by the music and effects.  Young and hip.  I'm only in his when he's lapping me.  Another filmake is David,  I'm always in his, because we ride at about the same speed.  His are great too.  the 3rd is Brett Bohnamm.  I don't think I've seen any of his.  all the guys are funny than all get out.

G

72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250
72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250

Bob Seymour

I have a couple pair of these Bilstien remote cannister shocks that came on 79-80 KTMs also. So what is the verdict? I was always under the impression they are not rebuildable.

Bob Seymour

Garret,
What might have you found out if anything,regarding the rebuild of the Bilstien shocks? Any others that can chime in also.
 Thanks, Bob