Penton without title

Started by mau10, March 21, 2011, 03:51:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mau10

I want to buy a Penton from the States,
but  often there is no title with the bike that  I like to buy!
Alas US Customs require original title.
Is  the vendor able to get title when his  bike is without title?
Thanks,
Maurizio

Maurizio from Italy
Maurizio from Italy

sixdazed

Hi Maurizio,We have title companies here in Arizona that usually can title just about anything-(unless it's stolen,etc.).It can get a little pricey,i'd figure at least $200.00 u.s. but there may be other companies in other states who can do it cheaper.If you give me a year/model/vin,i will get you a price quote from the one we use here in Tucson.I have about 20 Pentons and have only 1 with a title, but no it's not for sale:)
                            Ric

ric emmal
Ric Emmal
Pentons Rule!
5 125 steel tankers
10 cmf 100/125
2 Mettco 125
1 Penda
2 jackpiners
2 harescramblers
5 Herc 7 speeds
1 Tyran 125
1 Ktm150xc
1 Honda crf450x
1 Honda sl70
1 Hon cr125 77
1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50
Most in progress..                      so many projects-so little time...

G Ellis

Do you have a Penton, that you have bought? If not I might be able to help you. Later Gary

OUCWBOY

I have learned that if you ship a bike overseas and list it as a bike, they will require a title.  However, if you list it as Parts, not title is needed, you would just have to remove the wheels, tank and seat.

Donny Smith
Paragould, AR
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

Kip Kern

Maurizo

I have sent many bikes to Italy with just a local police check attached to the machine.  Indiana has a small form that a local Sheriff or Police Officer can sign that the machine isn't stolen as most off road bikes had no titles here. At the worst, a person can apply for a lost title for any bike if he applies through the court house.  Costs around $100 to get a new title here.  Good Luck

Mike OReilly

From my experience with importing bikes & snowmobiles into Canada, I think that doing it as "parts" is likely the most practical alternative. The U.S. and Canadian authorties have been getting more demanding over the years and doing it more and more "by the book". The U.S. Customs requires the title at least 72 hours prior to export to ensure that the vehicle is not stolen etc.
If the items are listed as "parts" they seem to be far more cooperative and comfortable with the transaction.
Hope this helps,
Mike