Headlight and Tailight on a GS6?

Started by Idorace, July 29, 2010, 12:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hank McCurdy

Mike,
Sorry you had that trouble. Maybe the Taiwanese QC department took a holiday. Beats me - the two pairs I've used worked fine. Definitely not show quality, but at the price worth a try. All the best, Hank

Big Mac

Riding the GS6 to work... I restored a '77 250 GS6, cosmetics, tires, controls, chain/sprockets and fresh top end. Took 2 laps around my neighborhood and then the next day rode a 160 mile dual sport event (//www.blackdogdualsport.com). It had tons of single-track and 60 miles of pavement over a 4500' pass with 60mph traffic -- no problems. Just a bit high on the RPMs and bumpy with no-balance knobbies for 55mph+ for any distance, and not really enough cc's for big uphills.

5 miles around town to work should be a breeze.

Jon McLean
Lake Grove, OR
Jon McLean
Lake Grove, OR

Bob Seymour

Thanks for all the responses. I went ahead and ordered the Fly Racing Alumasteel bars. Seem like a nice set of bars for the money (under $27.00 delivered). We'll give them a try and see how they work out.
         Bob

checkcrew

Bob,

i agree with what Hank stated about the Fly bars,

i recently installed a set and had NO trouble with mounting and placement of the controls,

i cut 1 1/4" off each end to shorted them, it cut a little of the pull back away,

great bars for the money !!!

hope this helps,

Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]

checkcrew

Bob,
could you supply me the link to where you bought these bars,

thanks,
Mike Gallagher

Quotequote:Originally posted by Bob Seymour

Thanks for all the responses. I went ahead and ordered the Fly Racing Alumasteel bars. Seem like a nice set of bars for the money (under $27.00 delivered). We'll give them a try and see how they work out.
         Bob

Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]

Bob Seymour

Mike,
I purchased the bars from a Amazon Marketplace partner //www.tasmotorsports.com    Just do the Google search using the words Hank mentioned and you can do the transaction right thru Amazon.com
Hope that helps,
               Bob

checkcrew

Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]