77 GS-6 seats

Started by Mike Lenz, April 27, 2011, 06:47:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Lenz

Stumbled accross something to share.  79-81 seats will bolt on to a 77 GS.  You only need to do two things.  One is file/grind off the alignment tits on the front of the seat pan, and move up the mounts one hole. Front mount hole in the base is now rear and I just used a large wood screw for front mount.  I also bent up the rear frame loop to about a 30 degree angle to help fill in the void between the fender and seat base and also mounted some square one inch foam on the seat base to finish filling up the space.
This is an option if you cant find a good GS-6 base or foam.  The 79-81 seats were really hard and most still are plenty stiff.

Mike Lenz

Whoops, the mounts are actually between the old ones. The original rear bolt hole of the bracket is actually about a half inch behind a hole I drilled. Just mount the mounts to the frame and put the seat on and mark the base behind the mount. Get it. Got it. Good.
Get it. Got it. Good. is from a favorite movie of mine. Can anyone tell me which movie, or who was in it?